Job title: Senior Engineer, HSE (Risk Management)
Job description: Description
Senior Engineer, HSE (Risk Management)
Monitor the HSE’ performance and practices to ensure that operations and plant assets are operating safely and in accordance with the HSE standards, policies and procedures. Act as a focal point for HSE management systems’ implementation, while providing with the needful support for the respective functions and personnel.
Provide with recommendations and feedback to HSE Technical Function or HSE Advisors to ensure proper resolution of incidents, and the implementation of HSE development projects within the respective area; plants, assets, etc., while facilitating the HSE communications and training courses for the respective personnel.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Monitor the HSE inspection to ensure that the products, services, equipment, and any other item listed for the inspections, is meeting the HSE standards and safe for the next processing or use by others. While ensuring that the inspection activities are sufficient.
- Review reports, feedback and inputs by other functions; technical, projects, quality, etc., to ensure aligned and timely support for any HSE related matter.
- Monitor the HSE compliance and performance by the staff, and participate to complex and high-impact HSE inspection’ activities to ensure compliance with HSE standards and procedures; i.e. for equipment installation, asset and facilities operations starting, loading, offloading, and shutting down…etc.
- Act as first point of contact for safety, health and environment aspects for the company’s HSE management systems, and ADNOC COP’s, to support and facilitate understanding and communication with the plant personnel.
- Revise purchasing standards to ensure equipment and material purchased meet applicable safety codes and conform to the latest technology.
- Identify hazardous and risk activities to undertake steps to mitigate risk and ensure proper disposal of hazardous, waste, toxic chemicals, etc.
- Monitor the safety, environment and health tools and equipment; i.e. personal protective equipment, glassware, spare parts for instruments and other equipment, to support HSE processes.
- Recommend on preventive maintenance programs and associated procedures to ensure safety equipment and installations are kept in optimal operating condition, follow up on safety for these programs.
- Contribute to the development of plant safety programs and ensures the availability of safety manuals, hazardous area instructions, safety materials, safety publications and posters, etc. Identify area of unsafe working conditions and recommends improvements.
- Prepare and update the safety inspection checklists and schedules for surveying plant facilities for assessment of hazards and pinpointing corrective actions.
HSE Initiatives & Project Implementation
- In line with HSE technical experts, lead and participate in HSE related studies; such as HSE Impact Assessment, HAZOP, HAZID, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessment, etc.
- Audit, review and assess the deployed projects, initiatives and recent updates to ensure sustainable and continuous development.
- Lead the housekeeping and other environmental activities and initiatives to support the working environment in the plant.
- Assess the training needs for HSE within the respective area, align the training sessions with HSE technical and management, and conduct and facilitate the HSE training programs and communications.
- Lead or monitor the evacuation and drilling exercises to ensure readiness and preparedness of the personnel for emergency cases.
- Communicate, educate and advise on the HSE’ updates in policies, procedures, practices, technology, and any other updates to ensure timely information for the team.
- Prepare analysis and reports for routine and non-routine HSE activities.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
- Analyse accidents and recommends actions required to minimize recurrence. And follow up on the implementation of the recommendation(s) to ensure HSE barriers in place, until close-out report issuance.
- Investigate, or participate, as per HSE management instructions, in the investigation for accidents to enable the forthcoming decision-making.
- At the time of crisis, lead the communications in line with the chain of command within the HSE for the plant, to ensure timely response by the team.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the functional budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the function in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Operations / Technical / Projects / Maintenance
- HSE Technical
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Civil Defence
- Technology Providersw
- HSE Contractors
- Site Team; contractors, visitors, etc.
Bachelor Degree in Safety, Industrial Engineering, or any related engineering fields.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 8 years of experience, including at least 3 years as Safety or HSE Engineer.
- Experience in HSE project implementation, HSE inspection, conducting training and awareness sessions, and HSE systems.
- Hands-on Risk Assessment Studies; i.e. TRA, HAZID, HAZOPS, PSSR, HSEIA, etc.
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
- ISO 9001
- NEBOSH / NIOSH NPG
- ISO 14001 / RC
- ISO 27000
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity & dust during occasional site visits.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 05:35:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!