Job title: Associate – McKinsey Technology
Company: McKinsey & Company, Inc.
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Management & Operations
- Solid career progression and track record of professional success in an IT strategy consulting firm, a high performing IT department, a technology company, a technology-leveraged business, or managing large IT projects (candidates might have experience as traditional IT consultants, CIOs, CTOs, senior level IT executives, etc.)
- History of strong academic performance, preferably in top tier schools; advanced degree preferred
- Outstanding problem solving skills; analytic/quantitative comfort; demonstrated ability to identify business issues, form hypotheses, design and conduct analyses, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Strong general business acumen; broad understanding of current IT trends and technologies, their impact on business strategy, and implications for senior managers in creating and sustaining competitive advantage and transforming business processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong executive presence
- Team player/leader; mentor; thought leader; collaborative partner
- Distinctive functional experience in strategy, technology, operations, products, general management, consulting and/or deep industry knowledge in industries such as financial services, high tech, energy/utilities, telecom, retail, etc.
- Strong IT generalist skills with a demonstrated depth and breadth of knowledge in at least one of core capabilities (sample profiles follow) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in that capability:
– IT Management, incl. Business IT strategy (e.g. newtech-enabled business models or customer facing products) and digital userexperience (e.g. design thinking, user centricity, integration of digital andanalog): experience managing the IT function in an organization; experiencealigning IT investments with business strategies and determining IT investmentpriorities; high-level program/project management experience; track record ofsuccess in managing any of the following IT-related functions: functionalbusiness requirements, customer needs analyses/satisfaction, vision,architecture, methodologies, planning, costing, utilization, organization,integration, migration, analysis, design, process, scheduling, hardware,software, development, communications, networking, quality assurance, vendoranalysis, etc.
– IT Architecture and technology delivery, incl. Agile and DevOpsexperience in software delivery and business and technology architecture (openarchitecture, micro-services, APIs): understands the critical components of andcan develop technology infrastructure and architecture; has the ability tobuild applications, computing platforms, infrastructure, etc.; skills in andknowledge of standards, protocols, project tools, applications, and trends;experience as a technology/solutions/systems architect or senior level managerof similar functions; background in functional and applications architectureassessment, development, and implementation; experience integrating, migrating,converting and/or optimizing systems and applications; experience designing andimplementing frameworks, tools, services, processes, etc.
– Technology-enabledoperations and -foundation, incl. next generation infrastructure services(e.g. cloud, end-to-end automation, No-Ops, PaaS), data architecture andadvanced analytics and cyber-security and IT defenses (e.g. cyber security,data privacy): passionate about operations and technology and theirintersection; experience in operational process redesign, ERP/decision supportsystems, web enablement, vendor solutions providers: experience in engineering,product development, procurement/purchasing, manufacturing, production,maintenance, supply chain management, or other operations/supply chainexperience from an industrial, technological, or service-based company or withanother consulting firm
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work with McKinsey Digital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This group brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm. You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You’ll Do
You will typically work in teams of 3-5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
In this role, you will make an important contribution to the analysis, design and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our McKinsey Careers and Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Get stories of our people & new job alerts once a week
McKinsey Insights – Get our latest thinking on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:15:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!