Job title: AVP- Compliance Technology – Payment & Customer Screening Model – International
Company: First Abu Dhabi Bank
Job description: Company Description
Now it’s your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We’re looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we’ll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
To work under the guidance of FAB Group Compliance Technology to optimize, tune and govern the Customer Screening and Payment Screening systems used by specific international FAB regions.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that the work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Enhancement and optimization of Sanctions screening model
1. Undertake a detailed assessment of the customer and payment screening models with a focus on customer and product databases, customer segments, product types, payment types and formats, CORE financial systems, payment gateways and other data pipelines. Develop a clear roadmap based on the findings of the detailed assessment.
2. Develop technical configuration documents and fact sheets and procedures to keep these documents updated on an ongoing basis.
3. Assess the performance (efficiency and effectiveness) of the payment and customer screening filters using synthetic and manipulated data sets. Perform analysis of test results in the context of filter configuration, scores, rules, weights, lists and data attributes etc. and provide recommendations to ensure filter performance is correctly aligned.
4. Tuning the customer and payment screening models by analyzing (using either the Total Screening Simulation facility or a separate analysis toolkit) historic customer, transaction, alert, suppression/ignore rules and list level data with a view to: * Determine ideal weights for the scoring model based on ATL/BTL testing methods using production data.
- Identify confirmed false-positives and risk-based false positive patterns.
- Identify candidates for use in suppression lists, deny lists, ignore lists and enforced content list etc.
5. Implement and oversee a dedicated analytics environment to be used for tuning and data analytics.
6. Oversee the implementation of changes/updates in production environments following thorough testing in test environments.
Governance of the Sanctions screening model * Support the development and implementation of the System Governance Framework i.e., a comprehensive framework consisting of Control and validation processes that test production system settings/parameters/configuration/mapping/design attributes against desired system settings/parameters/configuration/mapping/design attributes.
- Develop scripts/programs/code procedures on a range of technology and analytics platforms to support the implementation of the System Governance Framework.
- Monitor the control mechanisms/processes implemented daily via dashboards, auto-generated reports and ad-hoc script-driven database queries.
- Evaluate the results of the control mechanisms/processes and in case of failures (IT, system, ETL and data related errors etc.) impact on any/all of the below:
- Data feeds/ETL pipelines across the entire data architecture (source to Compliance system).
- Filter performance (algorithms, rules, parameters, data mapping and configuration etc.,)
- Scenario performance (parameters, data mapping and configuration etc.,)
- Alert queues.
- Case management and workflow aspects.
- Reporting mechanisms.
- Overall impact of any failures on the AML and Sanctions screening programs.
- Develop remediation plans to address the impact caused by any failures and include this in periodic reports to senior management along with proposed remediation plans.
- Oversee the implementation of the remediation plans and perform adequate data and system testing to ensure issues have been correctly remediated.
- Undertake random control testing pertaining to the sanctions screening landscape and where deficiencies are found, develop remediation plans and oversee their implementation.
- Develop regular monitoring and validation reports for senior management that outline the below aspects:
- Results of the automated control processes/mechanisms.
- System/data failures and their impact on Sanctions screening programs.
- Remediation undertaken regarding the failures.
- Validation of remediation undertaken and independent assurance pertaining to the remediation.
- Results of random, independent control-testing.
- Overall performance of the sanctions screening landscape and recommendations to ensure model performance continues to meet requirements.
Specialist development, data analysis and reporting
· Undertake development of custom applications/scripts using common data analytics and technology platforms (SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, PowerBI and Tableau etc.) in response to specific requests.
· Develop custom dashboards to automatically provide updates to senior management using common visualization platforms (PowerBI and Tableau).
· Assist in producing procedures and processes aligned to Group Policy of new Group TDR function
· Assist in conducting feasibility studies to assess need for new systems and provide technical inputs during technology vendor selection
· Assist in exercises such as design and system architecture of compliance related systems by consulting with business users.
· Collaborate with Compliance SMEs to develop Compliance related MI dashboards.
· Develop periodic reporting plan and maintain the schedule and workflow for multiple reports.
· Populate management information dashboards by extracting relevant data from source systems including using logical queries and basic programming.
· Collaborate with Compliance colleagues to obtain information to populate dashboards.
· Submit MI dashboards to team lead for review.
· Graduate qualifications in economics, computer sciences, mathematics, financial studies, legal, law or business studies preferred. Post-graduate qualifications with a mix of finance, law, economics and computer science majors highly desirable.
1. 6 to 8 years of experience with European or North American financial institutions, regulators and/or professional services firms with a focus on Financial Crime Technology and Analytics work streams/services.
2. Graduate qualifications in economics, computer sciences, mathematics, financial studies, legal, law or business studies preferred. Post-graduate qualifications with a mix of finance, law, economics and computer science majors highly desirable.
3. Strong functional and domain knowledge of Financial Crime Compliance especially in AML and Sanctions regulations.
4. Strong experience in implementation and/or optimization of Transaction Monitoring, Customer Screening and Payment Screening systems.
5. Strong experience and/or knowledge related to complex banking technology architecture and stacks i.e., multi-system environment, ware housing of data for common uses, master data management and digital channels etc.
6. Strong experience in tuning/calibration of Transaction Monitoring, Customer Screening and Payment Screening systems with a view to optimize alert volumes defensibly using data analysis procedures and application of statistical modeling.
7. Strong experience in validation, evaluation and management of AML and Sanctions models preferred. Experience coordinating with regulators highly desirable.
8. Knowledge of FI products and services and experience evaluating these for Financial Crime risks. Experience in development of policies, procedures and controls to mitigate identified risks.
9. Experience of alert investigation, escalation and documentation procedures. Experience in report writing and ability to present complex technical concepts in a concise and easily understandable manner.
10. Experience in development of AML scenarios on leading platforms, replication of scenario logic in SQL and/or Python. Understanding of typology/red flag assessment. Experience with Avaloq AML highly desirable.
11. Proficient in the use of data mining, analysis and statistical techniques to perform/enhance customer segmentation, set AML scenario thresholds subject to segment-level distribution and perform ATL/BTL testing to tune thresholds etc. Experience in using machine learning models to implement effective segmentation and behavioral thresholds (ex – k-means clustering). Knowledge of solutions such as Siron AML, SAS AML, NICE Actimise and FCCM etc. highly desirable.
12. Proficient in tuning sanctions screening systems which may involve:
- Use of data analysis techniques to develop rules, scoring/weighting models, NLP and fuzzy matching techniques.
- Configuration of matching algorithms, develop suppression rules, good guys and stop lists etc.
- Analysis of watch lists/records to identify false positives
13. Experience with Finastra Total Screening preferred. Experience with FircoSoft, Pelican, NetReveal and SironEMBARGO screening suites etc. highly desirable.
14. Experience with complex banking data models, understanding of complex ETL jobs, data mapping and system configuration management etc.
15. Extensive experience in data analysis, mining, wrangling and engineering techniques. Extensive experience in SQL and ability to develop stored procedures, write dynamic T-SQL and custom functions etc.
16. Experience in developing ETL scripts to extract, transform and load data. Ability to analyze existing scripts and code snippets to optimize them
17. Proficiency in coding on SQL, Python and R. Experience in development of reports and dashboards using Power BI/Tableau and/or SSRS
18. Strong knowledge of computers in data center environment including concepts of networking, storage, memory and processors etc. Ability to troubleshoot system failures and implement remedial measures
Excellent understanding of IT and system controls and experience in designing controls based on system functionality
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:56:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!