Job title: Programme Coordinator
Company: Smiths Detection
Job description: Job Description
At Smiths Detection in Dubai we are looking for a Programme Coordinator to join our busy team.
The Programme Coordinator will work under the guidance of a Programme Office Manager (PMO) and have a close relationship with the Head of Programme and Programme/Project in supporting the implementation of effective project controls to their assigned portfolio of programs within Smiths Detection, ME. The role is to support the PMO to build a strong and comprehensive office infrastructure that will comply with all company policies and processes for business and program management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the effective execution of project controls related to the initiating, planning, monitoring & controlling, internal communication required and close-out phases of all projects
- Prepare Project baseline schedules under the technical guidance of Senior PM, PM, and PE that will be used to create S-Curve and time impact analysis
- Supports the PM in all project coordination matters, in particular by scheduling all activities to produce an integrated critical path and by coordinating and reviewing project documentation (e.g., presentations, reports and analyses) as required by PM
- Supports the program managers in financial forecasting and responsible for reviewing and/or resolving discrepancies or inconsistencies that could affect the accuracy of forecasting.
- Responsible for the completion of timely, accurate and standardised project reporting across their assigned portfolio of projects at all levels
- Responsible for assisting the Program/Project Manager by updating schedules, risk identification, reporting and internal communication and executing day to day coordination activities Page 2 of 3 Programme Coordinator Administrative:
- Maintain a document management and version control system, established in accordance with company standard approach for recording and tracking of all documents for the project team.
- Attends all key project working meetings (daily coordination meetings), prepares and timely circulates meeting minutes as per arrangements with the PM
- Prepare weekly financial revenue, billing and cashflow reports in line with project reporting for market reviews
- In conjunction with Program Managers, develops project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and allocates budgets at appropriate WBS levels for project tasks in SAP.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Degree qualified. (BS Industrial Engineering or equivalent Engineering)
- Proficient in Project Management software (Primavera 6), advanced MS Office applications (Excel, Words and PowerPoint) is a must
- Project Management Training (i.e. process, method, approach, technique)
- Knowledge of cost, data management and reporting methodologies and techniques.
- Detailed understanding of planning methodologies and techniques and all other aspects of project controls such as EVM, Time Impact Analysis, etc.
- Good exposure to baseline planning and scheduling, forecasting and estimating, cost/schedule integration techniques.
- Basic financial and problem-solving skills including conducting variance analysis
- Awareness of critical path analysis, reporting, risk management tracking and the completion of corrective action plans.
- Document Software Experience (e.g. ACONEX, PMWeb, and etc.)
- Willingness to do Site Visits locally and overseas if required.
- experience in using SAP software is advantageous
- Middle East regional experience is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication and people management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Job date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 06:20:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!