Job title: Sr Business Intelligence Engineer, WW Real Estate
Job description: DESCRIPTION
*Role can be based in London, Madrid, Barcelona, London or Dubai*
Passionate to build data based decision support tools? Excited about commercial real estate? Join us!
Amazon operates a large network of large, technologically advanced fulfillment centers globally. The WW Real Estate Team is responsible for acquisition, and disposition of all facilities in the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting Amazon’s Real Estate business operations decisions. The Business Intelligence Engineer should have excellent analytical capabilities and knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions. This person will work with senior business leadership, Subject Matter Experts (SME), and external technical teams to design and build tools tailored for real estate professionals and their supporting teams. The individual will own data visualization products, conceptualize new descriptive and prescriptive data models, and build solutions to drive operational efficiencies.
The right candidate will have a successful track record in producing accurate technical content that supports business decisions. They will have collaborated with technologists and SMEs to drive complex projects. They have a self-starter mentality, a sharp eye for detail, excellent communication skills, high tolerance for ambiguity, and a bias towards action.
· Optimize decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Partner with other analysts and engineers to build scalable engineering solutions to deliver on business goals
· Propose and create daily, weekly, and monthly business metrics for senior management reviews
· Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
· Report to the larger team about key insights and root causes behind variances of key parameters
· Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes while automating and simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative datasets
· Collaborate with SMEs to respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent
· 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Data Analyst, or related Continues Improvement roles (including but not limited to Program Management)
· 3+ years of recent Tableau and/or Power BI and/or Quicksight experience
· 2+ years of experience in creating descriptive, prescriptive, and/or predictive reporting and KPI content. Strong operational business understanding that impacted the business decisions of internal/external stakeholders
· Must have Strong proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis tools to perform deep dive analysis
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
· Self-motivated and able to own workload in a fast-paced environment to deliver results on self-committed deadlines
· Demonstrated experience in Continues Improvement, Agent of Change, and/or Data Democratization
· Previous experience with Real Estate Transactions, Asset Management, or Lease Administration
· Proficiency in statistical analytics tools: R, Python, Minitab, Julia, JMP or similar
· Master’s degree MBA, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, BI, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:16:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!