Job title: Accountant – General Accounts
Company: Air Arabia
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Accountant General Accounts
To analyze, process and maintain Company’s financial transactions and records ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures.Assists in preparing budgets, financial reports and financial analysis, and in coordinating with external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors and suppliers in order to facilitate function-related work as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
- Ensures the accuracy and correctness of all financial entries carried by him/her in Finance ERP system in conformity with recognized financial dimensions. Documents financial transactions by entering account information in the system
- Handles all the fuel vendors’ invoices and queries timely and accurately; posts the invoices for approval in line with adopted procedures; interacts with users from other departments whenever necessary to resolve issues and obtain approvals and process timely payments without any delays.
- Executes all assigned accounts Debit Notes/Credit Notes ensuring timely and accurate posting to cost elements in Finance ERP System.
- Ensures that, fuel price notifications are received from all the fuel suppliers in timely manner, are reviewed with contractual terms and highlight to line manager for any discrepancies, fuel prices are updated in the system.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounts information for the general accounts such as suppliers on monthly basis including Supplier Balance Reconciliations.
- Prepares special financial reports periodically such as the MIS Reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification as an Accountant is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel
- Fluent in English Language.
- 3+ years of comprehensive working experience in corporate finance or accounting in any industry, preferably for a company operating on regional/multinational level.
- He/she must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
- Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
Job date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 00:24:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!