Job title: Finance Officer – (GP&S)
Job description: Description
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Finance Officer – (GP&S) – 2200003C
Closing date: Feb 02, 2022
Support processes necessary to manage the different major units within the Finance departments of EK Revenue Services, Group Accounts Payable Services, Group Payroll & Customer Services, Indirect Taxes and Master Management, Quality Assurance, Revenue Invoicing Services and Regional Finance Office.
The focus areas of the major units comprise analysing the risks and internal controls as applicable for revenue, credit cards, indirect taxes and master management, supplier and employee disbursements in a business unit, identifying solutions, mitigating risk, accuracy and integrity in financial accounting through process of GL review/reconciliation complying with Group Policies and Procedures, Revenue/Yield reporting, Commercial Systems, facilitate tax & QMS compliance, service delivery to internal and external customers, reviewing key processes and recommending measures as required to enhance efficiency and drive optimisation of unit costs.
– Perform periodic process reviews/risk assessment techniques, identify system/process relate discrepancies/limitations/revenue leakages, handle qualitative analysis, compile data for KPIs, analytical reports required by Senior Management.
– Maintain reconciliation standards through regular review of reconciliation functions and internal controls
– Review all reconciliation nominals and follow-up for open items with an aim towards closure of the same within stipulated timeline. Identify high variances in the nominals and investigate causes of the same and liaise with stakeholders for resolutions and corrective action.
– Explore opportunities and collaborate and co-ordinate with the Finance teams and relevant stakeholders for process improvements, system enhancements, automation and escalate anomalies and provide recommendations to the Senior Management.
– Assist auditors in coordination with the Finance Controller and handle queries with reference to quality controls, quality reports and procedures.
– Liaise with various stakeholders to resolve discrepancies regarding agreements/ circulars/ reconciliation to ensure relevant information is interpreted and updated accurately for continuity, clarity and completeness
– Analyse the data generated using trends/comparative analysis/industry data and escalate meaningful observations that are causing yield dilution or revenue leakage etc. to concerned stakeholders for appropriate corrective action.
– Conduct performance reviews, monitor the performance of the unit, develop staff efficiently and ensure a sound succession plan.
Qualifications & Experience
Finance & Insurance.Accounts : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Qualifications: Degree Finance or Accounting related preferred Finance and/or Accounting in a Supervisory capacity
– Ability to analyse and review in detail Accounting statements and reports.
– High level of computer literacy and good knowledge of office automation software like Word, Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint
– Critical Thinker with good investigative and analytical skills
– Specific to Fare Revenue Protection and Revenue Master Management Experience in handling fare/tax audit/ Master management functions, preferably in an airline, in a supervisory capacity
– Practical experience in specifying and testing the Revenue accounting related system changes would be preferable
– Knoweldge and experience in Revenue Accounting functions such as passenger fares, cargo, proration, interline billing.
Leadership Role : YES
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Job date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 00:54:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!