Job title: Structural Design Engineer
Job description: About Us
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Structur
In the role of Structural Design Engineer, we’ll count on you to:
- Design and plan production for structural elements on a wide variety of projects, including new buildings, structural steelwork and foundations for warehousing and logistics projects – portal, truss & moment resisting frames, super flat slabs, foundations, and infrastructure components like buried tanks, retaining walls etc.
- Carry out feasibility studies for new structures and for strengthening / repair solutions for existing structures where retrofit works are required.
- Conduct quantity calculations and studies to optimize site works
- Use finite-element analysis software to model and design the structures, interpret and support the results from models with hand calculations.
- Prepare specifications and compile contract documents
- Coordinate with planning regulations and design out risks
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity as needed
- Plan and develop projects or design activities to achieve Client requirements while achieving deadlines
- Plan, organize and supervise work of a medium to large staff of professionals and technicians as needed
- Serve as a Project Manager on larger projects, capable of coordinating with other disciplines, client & contract needs to find solutions and successfully delivery works.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 6+ years design experience with various structural design projects
- Preferably Chartered or enroute to becoming a chartered member with ICE, IStructE (UK), PE (US) or similar
- Strong knowledge of relevant design codes such as AASHTO LRFD, British Standard (DMRB) and Eurocodes.
- Proficient with various computer programs & related design packages
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Preferably can demonstrate engagement in industrial and logistics typology projects
- Well versed with design software like Autodesk Robot, ETABS & SAFE to model the structures
- Preferably should be able to work effortlessly with AutoCAD and Revit for coordination and production management
- Should be able to manage, inspire and develop the team of junior engineers in a path of technical progression while personally open to grow and learn as well
- Project Engineering and Project Management experience
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 07:39:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!