Job title: Project Controls Manager II (MEA Region) 5 Locations
Job description: Description
***Position is available to applicates from Qatar, UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia***
The Project Controls Manager II will be part of the Project Control COE and Global Operations team responsible to drive global standardized processes that bring at the forefront costs and schedule visibility. Using operations and digital tools, will be responsible to create a wing-to-wing process that allows costs/hours/schedule tracking during any event with a strong closeout process. The Project Control Manager will need to partner with the P&L, the regional FieldCore and GE teams as well as the productivity team, Project Control Advisors (PCA), to ensure the process is followed and well understood and any changes or enhancements are done promptly. The key objective will be to provide world-class project management tools and reporting for daily costs and hours visibility so any field engineer or service manager can pivot quickly to get back on plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the regions and the productivity team to enhance and optimize the tools used by the PCA for a better work product.
- Develop Standard work and daily management for PCAs
- Work with the Productivity Leaders globally to ensure the PCA role is uniform and standardized
- Direct the data input teams to analyze site data and provide updates, contextual analysis and reports to a variety of internal and external project stakeholders
- Monitor, and direct outage compliance utilizing designated tracking tools
- Analyze lessons learned and recommend process improvements and template updates to drive future behaviors and methodologies
- Align closely with Data Analytics team to develop dashboards or data reporting for outage optimization purposes
- Travel to outage sites and regional offices as required to support specific project control needs
- Maintain FieldCore Project Management Procedure
- Maintain FieldCore Project Management training material
- Coordinate and develop best project control practices in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Ensure cost data quality accuracy through rigorous audits and KPI development
- Use project management software and methodology to manage outage processes and projects
- Assist the PCA team with developing potentially complex outage resource loaded outage schedules based upon the templates including assignation of activity codes, resources, and calendars
- Partner with the IT team to implement project control future state tools
- Drive Change management
- Manage Project Control repository and KPI
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- English proficiency required
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with field experience in a Project Controls capacity
- 5+ years applicable experience and demonstrated success/knowledge
- 3+ years of specialized/industry experience
- Experience in field operation roles including Project Controls Analyst, Productivity Manager, Field Engineering, Service Manager, Contract Performance Manager (or other closely adjacent roles), regional/country manager.
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Familiarity of dynamic project environments
- Possess high level organizational ability, proven leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Knowledge of industry standard processes and procedures in relation to project controls in Earned Value Analysis
- Advanced level working knowledge of Primavera (project management software) and Microsoft Excel.
- Early adopter and promoter of new technologies and ways to improve data utilization to drive productivity and customer value
- Avid proponent for simplification and leaning of process
- Project Management PMP certification
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Location: Abu Dhabi – Dubai
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 23:32:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!