Job title: General Trades Technician (Mason)
Job description: General Trades Technician (Mason)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The General Trades Technician (Mason) will ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance across civil works and not limited to masonry, tiling, carpentry, painting, partitioning as required around the facility.
- Provide support for the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property portfolio to ensure that all building fabric work requirements are undertaken in good time and completed to a high standard.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all civil works.
- Use safe systems of work when working with all building fabric access equipment.
- Maintain up to date knowledge through building fabric technical training provided to enhance the skills and quality of finishes required for maintenance and repair duties.
- Ensure all civil assets and building structure are in good repair and painted to promote the aesthetics of the premises at all times.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Good level of the English language both written and spoken.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment to meet deadlines.
- Minimum 5 year experience in a building services civil works department in a commercial office building, healthcare or other suitable facilities management environment.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Minimum holder of a High School Diploma.
- Must hold relevant and recognized vocational trade qualifications in civil works such as carpentry, masonry, painting, glazing, plastering, carpets and flooring surfaces or equivalent.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit for more information.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 02:47:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!