Job title: Project Engineer (World Crane Services)
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
To lead project teams in the field at project sites globally. To provide Engineering and execution support to WCS and its customers through onsite inspection services and supervising refurbishment and repair projects though estimation, planning, design and site support on live projects.
- Responsible for the budgeted sales, to specific business segment growth and project management of WCS engineering projects.
- Project management of applicable TPI and Refurbishment/Service Projects through:-
- Working out methodology and costing for new projects, including cost data sourcing
- Planning and scheduling of project works for timely completion within expected budgets
- Preparation of required method statements and risk assessments
- Assessing and auditing subcontractors for acceptable service levels
- Monitor and control site based Engineers and appointed sub-contractors.
- Provide technical and engineering support to Structural engineering manager.
- Conduct dimensional surveys and structural inspections in coordination with site Engineers.
- Preparation of technical inspection reports
- Research new inspection technologies and instrumentation for use by WCS.
- Reviewing contractor prepared reports and issuing to customers.
- Design and issuance of Autocad, or Solid Works drawing/modelling for Projects.
- Assisting with design reviews and inspection of manufactured products
- Ensure that the highest level of safety is applied in all WCS activities.
- Implement and monitor WCS’ HSE compliance policy.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Founder’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Crane/Port Equipment field.
- Experience of working in project teams and on customer sites
- Track record of design experience
- Project management
- Technical knowledge of port equipment and cranes
- Documentation and reporting
- To be a team player with good communication skills, and logical thinking
We are the leading provider of smart logistics solutions, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services touches every aspect of life.
We’re a global network of; 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents. From marine services and inland terminals to industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions.
Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 64 countries are committed to bringing every customer and partner unrivaled value.
We do this by building and growing long lasting relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading technology to create the smartest, most efficient and innovative trade solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
DP World is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize DP World to transmit and store your information in the world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Job date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 01:48:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!