Job title: Assistant Professor, Electrical and Communication Engineering
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: Job Description
The Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty position in the area of Computer engineering. Candidates must have earned a PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field. The position will be filled at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level depending on the qualifications and record of the successful candidate. The candidate is expected to establish a sustainable research program, make significant scholarly contributions to their discipline, be an effective teacher and mentor of both undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in institutional and professional service. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a funded interdisciplinary research program of international prominence that includes fundamental and applied research, publish in journals and high-quality conferences, and educate undergraduate and graduate students. Candidates must have demonstrated evidence of outstanding research accomplishments, teaching skills, and ability to work effectively with other researchers.
An earned PhD in electrical engineering/computer engineering, or related field. The candidate should have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering. Proven skills of high quality teaching Demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering. Effective communication skills, both written and oral in English. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
- Hold a doctoral degree from a recognized university focusing on advanced research in the area of Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering
- Ability to deliver high quality teaching in computer programming and computer related courses.
- A solid research record evidenced by high quality publications in high-impact IEEE journals
- Strong commitment to teaching and students advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain internally and externally funded research. Prior experience in the role of PI or Co- PI in funded research projects is a plus.
- Ability to pursue independent research and a demonstrated aptitude for fundamental research.
All ranks will be considered, priority is given to assistant professor rank with proven credentials. Only PhD holders from well-reputed universities will be considered. Applications with incomplete information will be discarded.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering – (COE)
Department Electrical& Communication Eng.(COE)
Job Close Date 31-03-2022
Job Category Academic – Faculty
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 04:31:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!