Job title: Assistant Professor, Electrical and Communication Engineering
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: Job Description
The Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty position in the area of Communication engineering. Candidates must have earned a PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field. The position will be filled at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level depending on the qualifications and record of the successful candidate. The candidate is expected to establish a sustainable research program, make significant scholarly contributions to their discipline, be an effective teacher and mentor of both undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in institutional and professional service. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a funded interdisciplinary research program of international prominence that includes fundamental and applied research, publish in journals and high-quality conferences, and educate undergraduate and graduate students. Candidates must have demonstrated evidence of outstanding research accomplishments, teaching skills, and ability to work effectively with other researchers. The Electrical and Communication Engineering Department has  faculty members and instructors with a strong commitment to research, teaching, and service. The Department has about 400 undergraduate students and 70 graduate students. Teaching loads within the Department are commensurate with research activity. Excellent opportunities exist within the College of Engineering at UAEU for collaboration with other faculty throughout the University. UAEU is home to nationally prominent research centers including, the National Space Science and Technology Center, National Water Center, Roadway Transportation & Traffic Safety Research Center, District 4.0, and the Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Center for Health Sciences, which provide excellent research opportunities for interested faculty. UAEU enjoys an ultra-modern campus with outlying research facilities and on-campus housing for students. The campus is located in the city of Al Ain, an ancient city, central to the cultural heritage of the UAE. Also known as the “Garden City of the Gulf”, it is built around nurturing oases irrigated by ancient falaj water systems. It is approximately equidistant and slightly over an hour drive from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Interested individuals should submit an application for the positions through: and refer to position # 300968. Applicants must submit a detailed CV, statements of research and teaching interests for this position, and the names and contact information for at least three references. The application material should be accompanied by a cover letter stating the position specialty being applied to and a summary of the applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications should be received by March 30, 2022. Nominations or questions are welcome by contacting the search committee chair through email at .
- An earned PhD in electrical engineering/Communication engineering, or related field. The candidate should have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering/Communication Engineering.
- Proven skills of high quality teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching in Electrical Engineering/Communication Engineering.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral in English. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
- Hold a doctoral degree from a recognized university focusing on advanced research in the area of Electrical Engineering/Communication Engineering
- Ability to deliver high quality teaching in Communication programming and signal processing related courses.
- A solid research record evidenced by high quality publications in high-impact IEEE journals
- Strong commitment to teaching and students advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain internally and externally funded research. Prior experience in the role of PI or Co-PI in funded research projects is a plus.
- Ability to pursue independent research and a demonstrated aptitude for fundamental research.
All ranks will be considered, priority for the assistant professor rank. Fresh PhD holders with strong publication records and high reputable university are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering – (COE)
Department Electrical& Communication Eng.(COE)
Job Close Date 31-03-2022
Job Category Academic – Faculty
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 08:29:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!