Job title: Fablab Engineer
Company: Ministry of Education, UAE
Job description: Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of the daily operation and use of the Fab Lab.
- Providing Technical support for the Fab Lab hardware and software.
- Collaborating with and supporting program teams in the development of new Fab Lab programming.
- Help to manage open days including machine booking, user payments, dealing with telephone and email enquiries; monitoring stock levels and helping to reorder when necessary; assisting with the installation, maintenance and operations of manufacturing applications and equipment & processes.
- Take part in development activities for new workshops and events; ordering or producing materials, supporting delegates in the use of Fab Lab equipment; assisting or leading in the facilitation and delivery of events and workshops.
- Managing the delivery of Fab Lab programs, including learning experiences for school, community and public groups in the Fab Lab.
- Managing the training and certification of all staff, volunteers, interns, and guests on the use of the Fab Lab software, computers and manufacturing equipment.
- Supervising all staff, volunteers, and interns working in the Fab Lab.
- Providing technical support for Fab Lab hardware and software.
- Serving as a liaison with internal staff, external program partners and members of the global Fab Lab network.
- Participating as team member in assigned working groups and project teams as assigned.
- Maintaining and supporting of the equipment
- Managing the use of the space
- Maintaining partnerships with external organizations
- Working closely with staff from other program teams to support the development and operation of programs that serve the school, community, and public audiences.
- Maintain departmental responsibilities (Report preparation, meetings, email, phone…etc.)
- Hold one of the following degrees:
- Computer engineering
- Mechanical engineering with programming knowledge.
- Mechatronics engineering.
- Computer science with technical experience.
- Industrial Engineering
- Able to conduct training and managing workshops.
- Able to deal and maintain machineries.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.
- Aware of the safety rules & regulation and using of first aid kit.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Experience with Instruments software LabVIEW, AutoCAD, AutoDesk , Solidworks, ..etc
- Proficiency in the operation of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Counter/Timers, Logic Analyzers, DMMs, CMUs and CMWs is a plus.
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 02:28:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!