Job title: Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Biology
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: Job Description
(Open Rank Faculty) -(Biology)
In 2017, UAE President and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, issued a decree to merge the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, and The Petroleum Institute under one university called the Khalifa University of Science and Technology (Khalifa University).
Khalifa University is now a comprehensive research-intensive university with three colleges, three research institutes, 20 research centers, and 36 departments covering a broad range of disciplines in science, engineering, and medicine. The internationally top-ranked university is the one university in the UAE with the research and academic programs that address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing the UAE’s knowledge economy transformation and our rapidly evolving world.
Khalifa University’s world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. The university brings together the best in science, engineering and medicine in the UAE, to offer specialized degrees that can take promising high school graduates all the way to top-rated doctorate degree holders.
It will continue to evolve with the UAE’s rapidly developing national goals and needs and nurture the innovation ecosystem required for the country’s targeted knowledge economy transformation.
College of Arts and Sciences
The College is distinguishing itself as a major contributor towards economic diversification within Abu Dhabi and the region, particularly through its close alignment with growing regional sectors in key industries such as Energy, Aerospace, Financial Services, Healthcare, Transportation and Telecommunications.
The College of Arts and Sciences is a vibrant community of academic scholars, students and staff who are dedicated to science education and innovation for the ultimate benefit of society. To serve this purpose, the College empowers students with a great sense of purposeful academic curiosity and appreciation of the social and environmental context within a rapidly changing world.
About the Department
The newly established Department of Biology is an academic unit within the College of Arts and Science. With its recently accredited B.Sc.in Cell and Molecular Biology (CAMB) program, the Department is responsible for teaching CAMB majors and also students in other science and engineering disciplines. Majority of the CAMB majors will be “Pre-Med” students aiming to enter Khalifa University’s MD program upon graduation. The department will be based in the main campus, next to the College of Medicine and Health Sciences and the department of Biomedical Engineering, thus allowing for natural collaborations across science, engineering and medicine. The department will soon be planning new M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Biological Sciences as well.
- The Department invites applications for faculty positions in all professorial ranks and in any biological science discipline.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a literacy-related field of biological science with preference given to candidates specialized in one or more of the following areas: cell biology, immunology, microbiology, and developmental biology. The successful candidate will have strong research potential, demonstrated by relevant publications in high-impact journals, as well as college-level teaching experience in their area of expertise. Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in preeminent institutions of higher education.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate in a related discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Assistant Professor – Minimum of 3 years experience relevant to the position and proven research potential.
- Associate Professor -Minimum of 8 years teaching experience or postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor -Minimum of 10 years teaching and postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate Professor and have demonstrated high standards in teaching, advising, and research.
The successful candidate is expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain an active research program that leads to peer-reviewed publications in high-impact scientific journals, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession.
Applicants should indicate which positions they are applying for in their covering letter. Successful applicants should be available to take up the posts in August 2022. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ( ).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 01:25:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!