Job title: Data Analytics Manager
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Data Analytics Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Information Strategy, Architecture, and Governance practice will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You’ll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Our team focuses on helping clients understand, plan for, and realise the strategic business opportunities presented by information technology. In joining, you’ll help us to bridge the gaps between business units and the Information Technology departments and unite them around a shared vision that powers the business by aligning Information Technology Strategy to business strategy, goals and strategic priorities.
Job Description Summary
A career in our Analytics Technology practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organizations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organizational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organizations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology.
You’ll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our stakeholders gain a competitive edge.
Our team helps clients navigate various analytics applications to get the most value out of their technology investment and foster confidence in their business intelligence. As part of our team, you’ll help is implement enterprise data products and data management applications that improve operational effectiveness and provide actionable data analytics and insights.
As the Lead Data Scientist your responsibilities will include:
- Lead implementation of data products for the Middle East Firm.
- Provide data architecture and technical delivery guidance to the Data Analytics team.
- Implement enhancements to a central Data warehouse solution for the firm.
- Lead an agile DevOps software team to create innovative applications.
- Lead a team in data-science and machine-learning efforts in support of PwC clients.
- Oversee exploratory data analysis of sample data sets to advise the Data Lab leads on the incorporation of AI into their labs and applications.
- Analyze requirements, estimate production time, design solutions, code solutions, test solutions, and document work.
- Assist in the definition of application architecture.
- Mentor team of data scientists and provides algorithmic recommendations depending on the data set, acting as SME.
- Ensure adherence to best practices, management processes, and technical constraints.
- Design and conduct training on AI/ML, NPL techniques.
- Assist in the drafting of business cases, project plans, test reports, risk assessments, and other project specific documentation.
- Acts as client liaison in the development of application functional documentation, including technical specs document, technical data sheets, operational manuals, and training materials.
- Must be functional in a coach/player role.
To be successful in this role, your background must include the following:
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in agile/scrum software development, data science settings with a focus on developing projects using Data warehousing and cloud environments (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
- Strong Experience in Microsoft Development Toolkit (SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Factory, Visual Studio)
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with NoSQL, Relational, Multimodal and Graph databases.
- Experience in designing and implementing User Interfaces at an Enterprise Level.
- Strong system architecture and design experience to include deploying production enterprise applications in cloud environments that use AI/ML.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages in Python, R and Java.
- Experience in Design Thinking workshops and all related activities, designing solutions that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints, and including design strategy, service design, design research.
- Experience planning and executing customer design projects through holistic understanding of problem areas, iterative solution design, executive stakeholder management, and integration of business and technical experts.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research and synthesizing to provide insights, identify opportunities, and generate conceptual frameworks.
Following skills are nice to have:
- Strong experience with Machine Learning algorithms, techniques and tools.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Visio, MS DevOps, and MS Project.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services deployments.
- Master’s degree in Data Science
- Experience with opensource development tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.
Job date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 01:27:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!