Job title: Engineer, Drilling (Qa&Qc)
Job description: ADNOC Group Overview:
ADNOC is one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates. Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe. Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us. By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life. Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established on the 27th November 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Since its establishment, ADNOC has steadily enhanced its competitive position through its sound business interest in 18 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies in addition to educational institutions, known as the ADNOC Group of Companies. Today, ADNOC manages and oversees oil production of more than 3.1 million barrels per day (bpd), ranking it amongst the top ten oil and gas producing companies in the world. In the last few years, significant achievements have been made in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet the growing needs and development plans of Abu Dhabi, and in our bid to support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which seeks diversification of Abu Dhabi’s energy supplies. ADNOC is committed to recruiting the best talent the UAE has to offer, and accordingly UAE Nationals will be preferred. All expressions of interest will be treated confidentially.
Group Company Overview:
The Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Petroleum Operations (ADNOC ONSHORE) functions throughout onshore development sites as well as in the shallow coastal waters of Abu Dhabi. We are the largest oil producer within the ADNOC Group, accounting for over half of the UAE’s total oil production. As the country’s oldest oil production company, our operations date back to 1939, when a 75-year concession was signed to explore for oil and gas in Abu Dhabi. As a global industry leader in environmental sustainability, we are the first in the world to capture carbon from the iron and steel industry. Our Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) facility at Al Reyadah captures 800,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) from Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) each year, for use in the BAB and Rumaitha oil fields to support Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR). As part of our commitment to preserving our natural assets for generations to come, we have developed biodiversity plans to help protect the unique marine life and wildlife at the Al Nouf and Qusahwira oil fields.
To ensure that all aspects of quality for onshore wells are met, through the creation of quality systems for the Drilling Organization and all service companies working for ADNOC Onshore Drilling, monitoring conformance to quality standards, processes and procedures and the management of the Audit, Root Cause Analysis, Equipment Failure Investigation, Pre-qualification Audit and New Equipment Inspection. This also covers the supply of all goods and services necessary to conduct Drilling and Completion operations.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1):
- Reviews the design, development and implementation of quality standards, processes and procedures in line with International Standards and local requirements.
- Provides the Drilling Management team with specialist advice and guidance on all quality issues.
- Provides the standards, specification and procedures for the level of quality requirement for each type of services and materials, which includes cementing, Fluids, Directional Drilling, Logging (LWD – E-Line) and other related services.
- Manages the quality program, which includes, developing the specific quality requirement for all tenders and contracts, auditing, qualifying suppliers and contractors & inspecting, acceptance of equipment
- Responsible for the integrity and fit for service of all materials/equipment and services to ensure cost effective, continuous improvements and safe operations.
- Directly accountable for the management and supervision of all quality assurance.
- Guides, directs, trains and develops all members of the team to perform to their full potential, particularly UAE Nationals and contributes actively to the Emiratization process.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2):
- Works in line with Company HSE Policy and ensures subordinates comply fully with HSE procedures, rules and regulations.
- Verify the TPI (Third Party Inspection) of abroad and local inspection services.
- Audit and monitor the in-receipt inspection process of all Directional Drilling, Logging (LWD – E-Line), cement and fluid.
- Perform Audits for all critical Service Providers (i.e. DD/LWD, WL, etc.) based on the Drilling NPT’s, Tool Failures (DBR, etc) and Drilling Audit Plan.
- Administer, track and manage all audit finding closures.
- Ensure to share and cascade all the learning across the drilling organization
- Monitor the NPT performance per contractor and provide recommendation/actions for performance improvement.
- B. Sc. Engineering Degree (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical) or equivalent professional qualification in relevant discipline.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years upstream oil & gas work experience preferably with worldwide integrated oil companies.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in QA/QC activities within Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Field, within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge and exposure to Directional Drilling, Logging (LWD – E-Line), manufacturing of either OCTG, WH-Xmas Tree, Drilling and Completion Equipment and Accessories.
- Work experience as a Quality Drilling and/or Completions Engineer; minimum of 5 years.
- Work experience as a Logging Engineer (Directional and E-Line Logging) minimum of 8 years
- Good understanding, knowledge and exposure to Service-related operational activities such as Drilling Operations, Directional Drilling, Logging and Drilling Completion.
- Strong understanding of non-destructive (NDT) inspection standards (i.e. ASNT, ASTM) and inspection methods (i.e. MPI, UT, LP and EMI)
- Experience with Onshore drilling/completion operations and safety.
Group Company: ADNOC Onshore
Feb 3, 2022
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 23:38:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!