Job title: Senior Public Health and Fire Protection Engineer
Job description: We invite you to bring your skills to Ramboll.
What we are looking for?
Ramboll are looking for a Senior Public Health and Fire Protection Engineer to join our offices located in Dubai. The successful candidate will Provide Public Health & Fire Protection Engineering for projects across the Middle East and provide support to the Team Lead.
Our portfolio of live and exciting projects includes cultural, aviation, commercial, residential, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East.
Are you our new Senior Public Health and Fire Protection Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Building Department
Ramboll is committed to building our business here in the Middle East and to improve our capture rate for projects in the region. We are taking the next step in this regard with the addition of a new Senior Public Health and Fire Protection Engineer .
The Senior Public Health and Fire Protection Engineer will be part of the Middle East Buildings Team. They will report to the Department Head .
Specific areas of key responsibility include the following:
- Technical engineering of Public Health and Fire Protection, including;
- Lead discipline on projects
- Developing and guiding junior engineers
- Applying policies relating to health & safety, quality and training
- To act as discipline lead on projects to successfully deliver high quality discipline projects in accordance with corporate and client requirements.
- Capability of leading MEP for small to medium sized projects.
- Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception, development and detailed delivery of projects across all stages.
- Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation in accordance with QA/QC review processes
- Attend external meetings and prepare design presentations and design reports
- Coordinate and liaise with all other design team members, including architects and structural engineers plus client, project managers and QS.
- Have a good knowledge of buildability & construction techniques.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Strong attention to detail, team working, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the financial and commercial management of projects.
- Provide technical support to respond to prequalification documents, RFPs and other client inquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelors or master’s degree. in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering / Public Health Engineering
- Member of an internationally recognised professional body (e.g. CIBSE, IMECHE, SOPHE)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, 5 years’ experience in Middle East.
- Proven track record in building services design with different types of sectors, including high rise, commercial, residential, retail, Healthcare, Industrial, refurbishment, etc;
- Proven record as a Project Engineer on several projects.
- Experienced at:
- Presenting to clients/authorities
- Attending authority/client meetings
- Preparing project proposals for agreement
- Arranging project resources
- Planning and running projects
Technical Skills/ Knowledge
Specific areas of anticipated technical skills include;
- Proven ability to carry out both manual and computer aided calculations, problem solving, technical analyses, etc.
- Developed knowledge of BIM / digitalisation techniques and standards
- Strong software capability and proficiency in Hevacomp, AutoCAD & Navisworks,
- Detailed knowledge of local and international design standards, BSEN, ASHRAE, IOP, SBC, NFPA etc
- Full knowledge of local statutory authorities’ regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed Knowledge of Public Health Principles (Domestic Water inc LTHW/Solar, LPG/NG, Above/Below Ground Foul/Rainwater Drainage including Sustainable Urban Drainage, Gas, & TSE)
- Developed Knowledge of Fire Protection Principles (Sprinklers, Clean Agents, Hose reel & Hydrant systems
- Maintain and participate in CPD events to develop own expertise
What we offer:
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the Middle East
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
- People Leadership
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Commercial Acumen
- Technical Capability & Delivery
- Adaptability & Learning
- Persuading and Influencing
- Communicating and Presenting
- Delivering Results
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 5,000 experts across the world specialize in creating more innovative, sustainable, and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social, and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa
Ramboll has more than 1,500 experts working across 15 offices in the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Africa. We are present in Dubai, Doha, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Our experts are applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 23:01:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!