Job title: Client Manager, IC / FI – UAE Nationals preferred
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health.
- The Client Manager supports the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
- Provide direct support to the RM by proactively:
- Helping to prepare Account Plans, client briefing notes for senior management discussions, input to RCAF / GCAF
- Joining client visits (as appropriate) and ensuring client discussions are documented via call reports in WorkBench
- Reviewing client profitability and opportunity to increase customer utilization
- Liaising with IMO and Credit Analyst teams to ensure seamless client onboarding and credit monitoring
- Actively engaging and collaborating with Clients, RMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues relating to the ongoing account maintenance, including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Effectively partnering with IMO, CA, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Servicing teams as required to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded
- Where there are client account maintenance related issues / concerns, ensure resolution and escalate to the CM Team Lead / Head as appropriate
- Co-ordinate and liaise with FAM’s to support network business
Client Relationship Management
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of client needs for the assigned client portfolio, able to engage clients effectively and offer insights about the market conditions / trends in the network that we operate in
- Builds trust and strong account management support to clients including but not limited to loan drawdowns, overseeing the resolution of client related complaints, issues and escalations
- Provides sound advice to clients on associated documentation requirements (e.g. credit documentation, account monitoring activities etc.)
Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Manage the end-to end documentation negotiation process including passporting of documents in the network subject to all approvals being in place as negotiated with Legal/Product and Business.
- Engage and coordinate with Legal & Compliance, Credit, IMO and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc.
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authorizer as necessary
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimized (as reflected in Documentation Deferral Waiver etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and liaise with IMO (CRC) to validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- Manage flow maintenance activities on client portfolio as assigned:
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to the RM and CA.
- Act as escalation points for Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports, working closely with Operations where relevant
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI) and release of Trade Offerings
- Attend ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and anticipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Lead / provide support on key projects aimed at improving processes, tools and the client experience
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations e.g. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc.)
- Identify and escalate to the CM TL / CM Head any operational risks relating to the client portfolio and define process improvement ideas to resolve or mitigate these risks
- Work with Operations, Hub and Client Services teams to rectify ops related issues or post trade queries / concerns.
- Support the RM in reviewing client account activity reviews, ensuring transactional activities are aligned to the expected levels of activity for the client given their business profile
- Ensure deeper understanding on credit risk including default risk and fraud risk
- Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CCIB standards to facilitate RM’s decisions on risk acceptance
- Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the CM Head/Lead or BORM
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GAM / FAM / RAM
- Credit Analyst
- Product Partners
- Key functional partners i.e. IMO, Credit, Risk, FCC, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- Country Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 23:35:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!