Job title: Mechanic SC3 (Two Positions)
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support this lifesaving mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai is mandated to centrally set the global standards for and manage the light and armoured vehicle fleet leasing operations to enable effective, safe and efficient fleets in all WFP offices across the world. The vehicle leasing & insurance service is complemented by world-class expertise and technical assistance in fleet management (including for armoured vehicles), fleet systems support, vehicle disposal, and road safety & fleet management training. In addition, having one of the largest humanitarian light vehicle fleets, WFP is also spearheading, through Fleet Centre, international collaboration efforts within the wider UN System to facilitate sister agency access to more effective and safer vehicles and to realize efficiency gains.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
These jobs require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items. It is obligatory to wear protective clothing at work.
To maintain and repair WFP vehicles, generators or other means of transport or equipment to ensure well-functioning and meeting established deadlines.
JOB TITLE: Mechanic
TYPE OF CONTRACT/LEVEL: Service Contract (SC) 3
SALARY: Starting from AED 8,666.40 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
UNIT/DIVISION: Management Services Fleet Center (MSDF)
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dubai, UAE
DURATION: 12 Months with a possibility of extension
NUMBER OF POSITION(S): Two(2)
Under the direct supervision of the Workshop Manager, WFP Fleet Centre (FC), the incumbent, based in Dubai-UAE, will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out technical inspections of vehicles, accessories, and spare parts on arrival at the WFP FC.
2. Perform Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) on new vehicles before dispatch from FC in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
3. Complete installation of various accessories and equipment on vehicles.
4. Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on vehicles.
5. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with WFP standards and that a safe working environment is maintained.
6. Coordinate with external suppliers and local manufacturer’s agents as required.
7. Inspect and maintain vehicle stock on a periodic basis.
8. Ensure that all vehicle accessories, equipment, and spare parts are stored correctly at all times.
9. Maintain records of all work done, ensuring that all relevant reports are completed in a timely manner.
10. Perform other related duties, including field support missions, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary school education supplemented by vocational training programme in automotive service technology or relevant mechanical/technical trainings. Valid and clean driver’s license for commercial and light vehicles is a requirement.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in maintenance and repair of commercial or light vehicles, other means of transport, generators, or other equipment. Prior experience in working with UN vehicles and related special equipment / workshops and standards is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and ability to read technical manuals and follow instructions/technical guidance required to maintain and repair means of transport/equipment;
- Willingness to follow and update knowledge of new developments in the field;
- Ability to work with electronic diagnostic equipment, digital manuals, and reference materials;
- Ability to identify mechanical/electronic faults and provide efficient repair services;
- Ability to multi-task and meet job requirements;
- Ability to analyse and determine complex damages to the vehicles/generators etc. and communicate repair recommendations clearly;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints;
- Ability to work in a team.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16 February 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Expected salary: 8666.4 per month
Job date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 23:40:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!