Job title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Company: Al Tayer Group
Job description: Job Purpose
Reporting to the IT PMO and Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for documenting, maintaining and supporting the execution of IT Quality Assurance Strategy, related processes, procedures, policies and frameworks based industry leading standards. The Quality Assurance Analyst will support the execution of quality audits, reviews and inspections under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager to verify compliance, provide reporting and analysis into the overall achievement of quality objectives across the department. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for performing process gap analysis, track and where appropriate manage quality related initiatives; support the development, maintenance and execution of overall department KPI’s and performance dashboards. The Quality Analyst is also expected to lead the delivery of specific activities within initiatives that directly impact overall success and achieving of primary objectives of the Planning & Projects function.
Education/Certification and Continued Education
- Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in a Business, Information Technology or Computer Science discipline.
- Alternatively a tertiary qualification with progressive industry experience in project management or consulting.
- Accredited, part accredited or working knowledge of: 1) project management e.g. PMP or Prince2 2) IT Management e.g. ITIL 3) Capability Maturity e.g. CMMi
Years of Experience
- 6-10 years relevant / transferable experience in Quality Assurance and related disciplines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of IT systems, technology, applications, infrastructure and programme delivery.
- Excellent English (written and verbal); strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent MS Office (Power Point, Excel and Word); experience with Viso and SharePoint.
- Concerned team player, who places great emphasis on collective achievement within his/her team.
- Familiarity with IT quality testing tools, practices, techniques and methods.
- Experience of and exposure to project delivery methodologies, working in project teams and PMO.
- Exposure to quality reviews, audit, inspections and reporting.
- Awareness of/ experience in Retail, Automotive or corporate business models.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
- Document and maintain IT quality and related processes, procedures, policies and frameworks in alignment with industry and technical leading practice standards. Support assessments and perform process gap analysis based on the department priorities. Drive recommendations to improve process effectiveness and maturity.
- Provide guidance and reference capability on the organization’s QA policy, processes, procedures and frameworks. Review project, programme and initiative artifacts, and providing guidance to the project teams to support the achievement of the quality objectives.
- Conduct quality assessments, inspections, reviews and provide independent reporting of the quality status. Define and assess the QA governance process for ensuring quality across all phases of the project by defining clear entry/exit criteria checklists for each phase SIT, UAT and Go-Live. Drive the Go/NoGo meetings to align all stakeholder expectations and help them take a well informed decision to move to the next phase of the project with quality assurance.
- Execute metric and KPIs reporting to support the assessment of process effectiveness and quality adoption. Establish mechanism and forums to collect and report data on regular basis to senior stakeholders.
- Support in the articulation of documentation, realization and maintenance of the Quality Assurance strategy, frameworks and methodologies.
- Drive quality awareness training across IT and wider group stakeholders in IT Quality practices and liaise with internal / external providers on leading practices.
- Establish and manage 3rd party testing engagement to enhance testing coverage and build quality for UAT and production. Review vendor contracts to ensure the appropriate testing clause are incorporated for sufficient testing activities to ensure Al Tayer interst is protected and the optimal quality is delivered.
- Manage and coordinate with the relevant teams to ensure that all test environments are identified, refreshed with right test data, run connectivity test and ensure readiness for end to end integration testing.
- Manage the process of production health checks and asses the completion of the process prior to the go-live announcement.
- Manage the defect management tool, customized it based on the project requirements and man
Location: Al Garhoud, Dubai
Job date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 23:33:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!