Job title: Logistics Manager
Company: Genesis Executive Search
Job description: Job Description :
Our client is a multinational automotive group and they are currently recruiting a Logistics Manager having 5-10 years of similar experience in the automotive/ industrial or mechanical engineering industry.
- Maintain good relationship with vendors and service providers to improve overall business performance.
- In collaboration with CFAO Group Logistics, negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep logistics costs under control.
- Support CFAO Group Logistics yearly tender processes, if required.
Logistics & Sales Admin Operations
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations such as transportation (all modes of transportation), storage and conversion activities. * Develop standard operating procedures and scheduling/shipping practices for efficiently carrying out logistics activities which are aligned with external and internal audit control requirements.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
- Communicate status of all orders/shipments to internal stakeholders.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues.
- Keep track of delivery times, logistics costs and efficiency.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess the delivery performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings.
- Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes.
- Provides excellent customer service.
Inventory & Storage
- Coordinate inventory operations.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements.
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are updated.
- Keep track of quantity, stock levels and aged stock.
- Coordinate with stakeholders as necessary to prevent stock aging.
- Keep track of detailed logistics costs for each file, on all import/export activities.
- Control and approve invoices submitted by suppliers.
- Allocation of logistics costs to all files.
- Coordination with the Finance department as necessary.Make recommendations on opportunities for optimizing logistics costs.
- Communicate with all related parties (internal and external) for updated and evaluated logistics charges.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
- 5-10 years Logistics experience.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills.
- Proficient in logistics software such as ERP
- Accounting background.
- Multinational experience preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
Expected salary: 20000 per month
Job date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 01:59:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!