Job title: Software Solutions Architect
Company: Johnson Controls
Job description: What you will do
The Software Solutions Architect will be reporting to Director of Solution Architecture and will be based in Dubai. As a member of the Customer Success organization the solution architect will help customers to make technology decisions, implement best practices for asset management and overall facilitate transforming buildings into smart connected entities. You will be part of a team that is passionate about harnessing the power of the cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
As a Software Solutions Architect you will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
How you will do it
As an experience Software Solutions Architect, you will use your deep understanding of solution design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership, customers, and partners. You will be using your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions and drive secure and robust solutions. You will clarify, prioritize, and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability and articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues, and mitigation plan clearly.
As a Software Solutions Architect you understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems. You will be also support and enhance existing customer projects with thoughtful and measurable impact and provide technical leadership to co-ordinate, prioritize, and deliver complex solutions.
You are obsessed with driving continuous process improvements to optimize solution and project delivery.
You will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform to showcase your talents and grow expertly as we grow our business. Your experience, and growth mentality will serve you well on our highly complex, internationally recognized, client projects.
What we look for
- Minimum 8 years of experience as engineering lead and architect delivering complex software projects
- Experienced in developing integration pipelines using APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with industry leaders to understand current technology trends and relevancy
- Deep knowledge of cloud IoT platforms (MS Azure is preferred)
- Experience leading IoT projects, familiarity with IoT protocols and reference architecture
- Familiar with sensor technologies and the popular communication protocols like LoRaWAN, Zigbee, BLE and so on.
- Working Knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Deep experience with SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experience with graph store, document store and heterogeneous data indexing.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with network programming and distributed systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and the web
- Familiar with BIM modeling, digital asset management and BRICK schema
- Experience with HVAC or Industrial Control systems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, across all levels and environments
- Proficient language skills in English.
- Ability to travel to travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
Job date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 23:42:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!