Job title: Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Job description: Introduction
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries regarded as technically impossible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Mechanical engineer with proven experience in design/integration and fabrication to join our Project development team here in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be required to design and develop solutions with aspects of effectiveness for development, production and support.
- Lead the technical function of mechanical engineering and design
- Drive the technology evolution of less experienced mechanical engineers
- Coordinate with electronics, electrical departments.
- Responsible of mechanical design, mechanical calculations, simulations, material selection, standard parts selection.
- Deploy the Design Management system
- Define teamplates, design procedures, design guidelines, configuration rules and standardize across the mechanical design team.
- Ensure that the team members deliver design on time, on cost and on quality.
- Resolve technical conflicts within teammembers and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Coordinate with configuration management the correct implementation of new PDM architecture.
- Set up standard methodology to utilize CAD-CAE systems
- Liase with other technical departments towards the development and industrialization of new products.
- Sound knowledge in mechanical engineering: materials, structural design, corrosion prevention, coatings, manufacturing technologies and manufacturing capabilities, heat transfer, cable harnesses design, joining methods, welding processes, assembly sequences, stack-up tolerance + GD&T is a must, system requirements and environmental compliance.
- Design in composites, metallics, plastics.
- Standard parts selection.
- Worked in product development under structured gated process design organizations and is able to adapt in an start up organization (Conceptual+Preeliminary+Detail design reviews, test and productions readiness reviews).
- Competent in the usage of design and calculation tools Solidworks preferable, CATIA, NX, Creo, Ansys, Simulia, Patran, Nastran. More importantly, able to perform mechanical approximations manually towards design definitions.
- Proven Experience in Design for functional compliance along with environmental/regulation requirements.
- Mechanical, environmental test bench execution experience.
- PDM and configuration management, assembly for manufacturing minset.
- Experience in Mechanical design for EMC (Electro Mechanical Compatibility)
- Capabilities demonstrated to interact with multiple suppliers towards the integration of the product.
- Experience in integration of mechanical – electroniocs – clabling.
- Capable of driving lower Technology readiness level projects
- Min 10 years of experience in CAD design
- Inventive, creative and eager to try new solutions and technologies
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of growing Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 05:39:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!