Job title: Logistics Center Consultant
Job description: Career Area: Logistics
A Logistics Center Consultant is responsible for leading the implementation of logistics projects across the facility. In a lead role, a Logistics Center Consultant should have the ability to lead projects with a capital budget of up to US$1,000,000 and an expense budget of up to US$250,000. In a support role, this person should be able to provide support to other global projects of any size.
Other responsibilities included are:
- PMO Governance: supporting project ideas generation, best practices collection, project planning, follow up on tasks completion and reporting;
- Continuous Improvement and Best Practices Sharing: keeping in touch with peers from other distribution centre’s to collect new ideas and potential project replication; Recommends changes, assists in continuous improvement initiatives for warehousing processes and implements new systems/processes.
- Audit Issues Tracker: preventive actions from lessons learned from outside audits;
- S&OP: Analyze forecast changes and impacts on operations, connecting productivity and financial results, leading discussions and meetings to share results;
- Capital: Prioritization, approval requests, monitoring implementation and invoicing as per the plan;
- Quality Support: training, solving slotting issues and data analysis. Facilitate & optimize the equipment & movement of goods/ inventory within the warehouse.
- Business Analysis:
o Reviews various operations reports to identify trends and/or other areas of concern.
o Identifies and tracks input and processing errors within various systems used by assigned business area. Troubleshoots issues with reports for specified changes and ensures the issues have been resolved.
o Performs analysis and reporting. Organizes and analyses errors to identify their root causes and determine viable solutions (i.e. system improvements, triggering errors, mapping errors, human errors, training needs, etc.)
o Develops, implements and provides ongoing metrics to ensure the defined business process is adhered to, and the business process remains appropriate and effective to achieve the business objective.
The technical skills required:
- data purification & analysis;
- warehouse storage design & manufacturing point-of-use (POU) design;
- workforce & equipment planning;
- logistics process design;
- inventory transfer & rearrangement planning;
- integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design.
In addition, it is expected that you attain knowledge of the internal WMS system and integrate this into the overall design of the facility.
The Logistics Center Consultant must demonstrate intermediate to strong skilled levels of the following values based competencies (VBCs):
- integrity & trust;
- building inclusive relationships;
- customer focus;
- problem solving & trouble shooting;
- priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
- University degree or related experience in warehouse operations, supply chain, logistics, manufacturing, or industrial engineering.
- Be proficient in English.
- Six Sigma Knowledge
- Project Management skills & capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Office Skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
Job date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 04:31:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!