Job title: QA/AC Engineer
Company: Al Rostamani Group
Job description: Every employee at Al Rostamani Group plays a role in making a real difference to the business and our customers. We care for our employees by offering them meaningful and purposeful work and an opportunity to grow, learn, contribute and succeed. Today, the Al Rostamani Group has come a long way since its birth in 1957. Our group has grown steadfastly with the guiding principles of Commitment, Care & Vision, alongside a strong sense of active involvement in the community. We are a well-diversified group, with a key presence in industries such as General Trading, Automobiles and Heavy Equipment, Travel, Foreign Exchange, Financial Services, Property Management, Construction, Infrastructure Development and Information Technology Services. Our Group employs approximately 2000 people from 41 different nationalities, which contributes to our multicultural and multi-national environment.
Al Rostamani Pegel is a main contractor in the UAE Construction Industry and has to its credit, timely and successful construction of several multipurpose projects including high rise buildings, villas, hotels, hospitals and industrial facilities.
To implement and maintain the quality management system (QMS) across the assigned project, and to ensure that project quality requirements are being met.
- Ensure due compliance with all applicable company management systems’ requirements and actively participate in its establishment and maintenance.
- Review the project documentation and coordinate with the Quality Manager in order to prepare the applicable quality documentation, i.e. PQP, ITP’s, etc.
- Implement and maintain the project quality system (PQP) to ensure compliance with Client and regulatory requirements.
- Assist and guide the Construction Manager for preparing appropriate Method Statements, and review the same for compliance with project requirements.
- Ensure ARP and project quality requirements are communicated to all concerned stakeholders. When applicable, review subcontractor quality documentation for acceptance and provide relevant feedback to ensure compliance with the ARP and project quality requirements. May conduct audits to verify compliance, as appropriate. Compliance.
- Ensure documents (i.e. technical / material / shop drawing / etc. submittals) are duly submitted for approval by the Engineer/Consultant, as applicable, before release for use on site.
- Ensure implementation of ARPs record and document control procedures on site, ensuring that records and registers are maintained and daily updated, and that, obsolete documents are properly marked, separated and replaced at point of use.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of site ‘laboratory’ for sampling, testing of fresh concrete, and preparing of test specimens.
- Conduct regular internal quality control checks through inspection on the site work output. Record observations and nonconformities, and report to the concerned person(s) for corrective action, as appropriate.
- Inspect Subcontractor works and materials received, record findings and issue NCR for nonconforming works or materials.
- Diligently follow-up on all NCR’s issued by the Engineer/Consultant AND on all NCR’s issued to Subcontractors and Suppliers, with the concerned staff to ensure timely closure of NCR’s and monitoring the implementation of the proposed corrective actions.
- Ensure daily site quality control procedures are implemented and establish coordination with Engineer/Consultant to facilitate effective inspection and approval process.
- Witness relevant off-site testing as-and-when required and/or directed, and to report as appropriate.
- Verify relevant material testing results are within the specified acceptance limits and advise the Project Manager regarding the appropriate corrective action when results fall outside of the limits.
- Actively participate in the internal audit programme and follow-up with the concerned staff on NCR’s, for its timely and effective close-out.
- Coordinate with Quality Manager when the client requests to conduct its own audit on the operations, in order to facilitate its execution and the subsequent corrective actions for continual compliance with client’s requirements.
- Assist in the site process of preparing as-built documentation and, when required, review the final documents for acceptance and compliance with the project requirements for as-built.
- Report to the Quality Manager on proposed areas of improvement on the quality management system and project quality documentation
- Produce and submit periodic reports as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Any other additional responsibilities as stated in the QHSE management systems documentation
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience in civil engineering construction, 3 years of which in project QA/QC role
Knowledge & Skills
- Internal Auditor – ISO9001, or any other related certification / training, is an advantage
At ARG, we seek talented people who work hard to achieve great things. We consider not only your skills and experience, but also your passion for the role, your desire to learn and how well you align with our core values of care, commitment and vision. If this position represents an opportunity you wish to pursue, we invite you to apply.
Job date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 03:53:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!