Job title: Accountant – Revenue
Company: AirArabia-India (G9IN)
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Finance
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
- To analyze, process and maintain company’s financial transactions and records financial transactions and records ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures.
- Assists in preparing budgets, financial reports and financial analysis; Interacts with internal and external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors, GSAs and suppliers in order to facilitate or resolve function-related matters as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures..
Key Result Responsibilities
- Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
- Ensures the accuracy and correctness of all financial entries carried by him/her in the SAGE X3 in conformity with recognized financial dimensions. Documents financial transactions and maintains accounts information with timely entries and updates.
- Updates records with the payment receipts received from Local Agents and GSAs through the Financial & Reservation system after verification against Bank Guarantees limits.
- Coordinates closely with Treasury for bank reconciliations; records transactions by collecting and analyzing accounts information for the related accounts on regular basis.
- Assists the manager in the processing and settlement of credit notes to the GSAs for expenses paid on behalf of G9 following thorough and proper verification of the corresponding supporting documents and proofs of payments.
- Prepares financial reports such as “Agency Aging Report” against SAGE X3 to highlight variations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Coordinates and directly interacts with sales teams to follow up and resolve any finance related queries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential. Secures a backup for financial information on regular basis.
- Coordinates with external auditors on schedules to facilitate their audits and ensure smooth inspection as per instructed by his/her seniors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification as an Accountant is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Power Point skills, Internet and Web Search.
- 3+ years of comprehensive experience in corporate finance or accounting in Airline Industry handling revenue areas sections.
- Must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
- Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
- Familiar with formalities and pre-requisites associated with internal and external audits.
- Experienced in a computerized accounting environment is essential.
- Very good exposure on financial models and new technologies in the industry.
- Excellent financial, analytical and reporting skills.
- High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.
Job date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:30:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!