Job title: Professional Support Lawyer
Company: Al Tamimi & Company
Job description: Professional Support Lawyer
PQE: 5 years +
Department: Dispute Resolution
The role is to provide professional practice support to the department practice and develop an infrastructure for promoting best practices and consistent quality in client work.
The role includes developing and successfully implementing a strategy for generating, extracting and collating knowledge for the designated practice. The PSL is intended to be the internal knowledge management resource for the practice.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Liaising with the disputes team on the development of precedents, practice notes and working practices
- Advises fee earners and keeps both the team and clients up to date with new law and regulatory developments
- New Points of Law – Ensuring fee-earners are kept up-to-date on developments in the law – the latest cases, legislation and statutory instruments – often through presentation to regular departmental meetings and/or circulation of written materials
- Supervising paralegals and associates in maintaining best practices for deal documentation, precedents and know-how resources, including consistent application of law in precedents and practice.
- Preparing and circulating know-how and translating it into forms, precedents, practice notes and manuals, and assisting in technical legal training and practice development
- Managing knowledge and learning for the practice group, including organising and delivering practice- and client- facing legal training programs, and tracking and updating the group on developments in law, cases and market practice
- Engaging in a limited amount of client facing work
- To contribute to and manage various parts of the firm’s data management systems, intranet, company website and other information provision services.
- IT/Internet/On-line products – Managing or contributing to parts of the firm’s intranet, information databases and knowledge management systems.
- To liaise with Business Development and Marketing team and contribute as required to the production of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients or to be published in Law update and other selected journals.
- Playing a part in the marketing of the department and producing material for, and perhaps presenting, seminars both internally and externally.
- Working with the Partners, counsel and associates to identify the best practices, know-how and learning requirements of the practice and to implement the agreed offering
- Assistance with prioritisation and allocation of knowhow projects
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years PQE coupled with 2 years’ experience as a Professional Support Lawyer within an international law firm
- Qualified lawyer
- Current or previous experience in a client-facing role, preferably with a background in corporate transactions and advisory
About Al Tamimi & Company
Al Tamimi & Company has unrivalled experience, having operated in the region for over 30 years. Our lawyers combine international experience and qualifications with expert regional knowledge and understanding.
We are a full-service firm, specialising in advising and supporting major international corporations, banks and financial institutions, government organisations and local, regional and international companies. Our main areas of expertise include arbitration & litigation, banking & finance, corporate & commercial, intellectual property, real estate, construction & infrastructure, and technology, media & telecommunications. Our lawyers provide quality legal advice and support to clients across all of our practice areas.
Our business and regional footprint continues to grow, and we seek to expand further in line with our commitment to meet the needs of clients doing business across the MENA region.
Job date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:58:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!