Job title: Accountant – Cost
Company: AirArabia-India (G9IN)
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Finance
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
- To analyze, process and maintain company’s financial transactions and records, in the areas of non-technical cost ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures.
- Assists in preparing budgets, financial reports and financial analysis, and in coordinating with external parties such as banks, auditors and suppliers in order to facilitate function-related work as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents,
- adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
- Prepares and monitors the non- engineering /DSC financial entries to the Finance ERP System ensuring accuracy and conformity with technical cost elements and recognized financial dimensions.
- Identifies errors for remedial measures and communicates accordingly. Documents financial transactions and maintains accounts information with timely entries and updates.
- Handles all the related queries timely and accurately and reviews against Finance ERP System for invoice matching; posts the invoices for approval in line with adopted procedures; interacts with users from other departments whenever necessary to resolve queries and obtain approvals.
- Monitors and ensures review and control over the Accruals and Reversals; in addition, locates overdue accounts and highlights to the Manager accordingly.
- Assists the manager in carrying out fixed asset entries and other postings.
- Executes bank transfers and cheques payments for suppliers; processes the bank charges post executing transfers and records the same in bank statement timely and efficiently.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification as an Accountant is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel
- 3+years of comprehensive experience in corporate finance/accounting in a company operating on regional/ multinational level, preferably in Airlines Industry; a minimum of 2 years at least handling cost areas.
- Experience with low-cost airline is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
Job date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 05:56:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!