Job title: Principal Civil Engineer
Job description: 48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit
Worley is currently recruiting Principal Civil Engineer to join our team in Abu Dhabi.
- Leading the Civil and Structural design for the assigned project interacting with other disciplines, client and sub-contractors as required.
- Leading the proposal activity for new opportunities.
- Assisting Discipline Manager for developing and managing team.
- Experience in preparation of design basis and construction specifications
- Knowledge in preparation of scope of works for Concrete NDT, Geotechnical, Geophysical and Topographic survey works.
- Sound knowledge in review and preparing report on Concrete NDT, Geotechnical and topographic survey outcomes.
- Exposure in International standards related to Concrete & Steel structures, design of roads, culverts drainages and culverts etc
- Designed, Reviewed and approved layouts for site grading works including estimation of earth work quantity
- Designed, Reviewed and approved the road layouts, pavements, bridges etc
- Designed, Reviewed and approved the flow diagrams/ flow estimation for hydraulic systems for surface and sub-surface drainage network, portable water distribution network, oily and sanitary waste water system
- Analysis & design using software like STAADPRO and MAT3D etc., including preparation of analysis model, analysis and design input. Review of input and output and error messages.
- Design of pilecap, isolated foundation, raft foundations and machine foundations
- Performing calculation for civil and structural buildings (both Blast and non-blast resistant), pipe racks and shelters etc.,
- Performing calculations for Dynamic and static equipment supporting structures and foundations
- Knowledge in 3D modelling includes review and participating model reviews
- Conducting / participating design review
- Ensure work is carried out competently and effectively, within time and budget constraints, and that project objectives are satisfied
- Overall supervision of civil and structural engineers, designers and technical personnel in the execution of the project and the development of project deliverables
- Prepare cost, time and resource requirement estimates on assigned projects.
- Manage design change within project budget and schedule framework
- Manage project discipline resource requirements
- Development of project cost estimates
- Effective interaction with client engineering team for approval of design deliverables
- Participation in site survey and data collection for C&S design
- Participation in design reviews, value engineering, constructability and safety workshops
- Good understanding of HSE requirements of both self and within the discipline team
- Ensuring technical integrity of the C&S deliverables for the project. In particular ensure compliance with the work scope and with applicable international standards.
- Represent organizational competency and capabilities at various forums.
- Good knowledge of overall engineering workflow and project schedule development.
Technical and Industry Experience
- 18+ years of experience in engineering design in engineering consultancy organisations
- 15+ years of experience in Oil and Gas onshore upstream and downstream projects
- Sound overall experience in designing systems for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities
- Excellent computer skills with MS office and C&S engineering software
- Reporting, estimating and supervision skills
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A Bachelor Degree In Civil Engineering
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 06:01:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!