Job title: Construction Manager – Infrastructure
Company: Hill International
Job description: Hill International, with more than 3,000 professionals in 100+ offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors. Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States. For more information on Hill, please visit our website at .
Construction Manager – Infra to lead the effort to manage and control the delivery of the infrastructure activities of the Contractor and Specialist Subcontractors throughout the construction phase of the project and monitor the performance of the Construction supervision Consultant with regard to inspection and sign off of the works completed by Contractor, and interfere where issues arise to ensure a suitable conclusion.
General Description of Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the Infrastructure works throughout the construction process.
- Oversee the interface between the Contractor, the Supervision Consultant and the Authority Having Jurisdiction on all matters related to the infrastructure (Contractors permits and NOC’s).
- Liaise with the Contractors Stakeholder Manager to ensure that all permits and NOC’s are being requested in good time to meet the project deadlines.
- Review and approve the Contractors proposed programme for all infrastructure engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Monitor the performance of the Supervision Consultant and Contractor and prevent a delay to construction activities due to late responses to RFI’s submittals and the like.
- Verify the reported progress in the various status reports with regard to Infrastructure activities
- Monitor the technical submittal and approval process, including weekly reviews of tracking logs for all technical elements related to infrastructure.
- Identify improvements that can be achieved with regard to sequencing and progress on the project by all parties during construction.
- Monitor the Inspection process and identify improvements where possible.
- Monitor QHSE performance and identify and address deviations of performance.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with the local authorities.
- Informs themselves of the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures in place within Hill International, and ensures continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Civil engineering.
- Minimum 15 years experience in Construction of Infrastructure projects, with extensive experience in dealing with local authorities in Abu Dhabi ( minimum five years).
- Experience dealing with subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Have a proven track record as a Construction Manager on any related projects with large MEP Infrastructure scopes.
- Required to have a strong technical background in MEP projects and should have at least two full life cycle project experiences working on a Project Management team.
- Management of Inspections, Mockups, Prototypes, samples and quality benchmarking.
- Progressive verification of the works to Contract specifications, Drawings and approved mock-ups.
- Management of construction submittal and RFI review and responses process.
- Review Main Contractors reports ( daily / weekly/ monthly), technical and progress.
- Proposing a method of construction to support the Main Contractor.
- Familiar will local authority’s requirements and procedures.
- Background working on commercial, residential and/or industrial construction projects with big landscaping areas.
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Note: This job description is intended to provide an indication of the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions to be carried out as part of fulfilling the role mentioned in the job title. Various other duties as required.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 05:14:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!