Job title: Engineer, Projects
Job description: ADNOC is one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company: ADNOC Logistics & Services
Job Title: Engineer, Projects
Provide the Engineering analysis and expertise for tenders and scopes of work under pre-tender review.
Assist to develop contracts related to all works and service requirement in the Company; recommends suitable sources and proposes appropriate contracting strategies.
Coordinate with and advise Users on various contractual and commercial matters in the field.
Evaluate claims/requests for contract variations and conduct regular follow-up until closeout of contract file.
Prepare quotations and estimates for Tenders and ongoing Contracts.
Engineering Support and Contracts Administration:
- Conduct detailed analysis for scopes of work that are being tendered and make recommendations for project execution strategy
- Develop required plans to support project tenders including but not limited to Method Statement and Execution Plan.
- Develop Scope of Work (SOW) tender packages for subcontracted tenders.
- Recommend and develop pricing schedule for required resources to tender for new projects including vessels, equipment, manpower, and any specialised tooling, rigging, or procured items.
- Review user scope of work for j obs of special nature, develop list of prequalified contractors for user’s concurrence and initiating tendering process by issuing invitation to tender, coordinate site visits and attend tender clarifications, through to submission of offers by tenderers, coordinate with Users technical evaluation and conduct commercial analysis and develop the final contracts.
- Prepare agreements after incorporating all technical and contractual issues agreed upon with tenderers during the tendering stage, and then arrange for Users review toward finalising signature of agreement by Company authorised position and the contractor.
- Review and analyse validity of contractual claims and recommend appropriate action as and when assigned.
- Follow-up proper close out of completed contracts with respect to the issuance of required completion certificates, release letters, return of performance bank guarantees, etc.
- Liaise with the Company Commercial Department including Commercial Coordinators to ensure all Subsea Tenders are filtered to the department.
- Reviewing the Ariba portal for new Tenders and new messages on existing Tenders.
- Liaise with Procurement function to plan for qualifying new contractors / suppliers to become registered on the Commercial Directory.
- Prepare and develop standard tender documents including standard forms of contracts for all types of works, services, consultancy, and manpower, in coordination with legal, audit and finance.
- Participate in preparing / updating Company’s Contracts Policy and Procedures and participate in
preparing control management documents such as Tender Board terms of reference.
Ensure feedback information related to tenderers performance during tendering stage and for building
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job
and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of
the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures to
support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in
line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line
with best Industry standards to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability
guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Commercial Team, Diving Team.
- Suppliers and clients
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline or equivalent Professional Qualification.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 5 or more years of experience in preparation of tenders and contracts, within a large industrial
organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Technical understanding of building, reviewing and finalising various contracts and tendering process
- Sound understanding of commercial management principles with technical knowledge and diversified
capabilities in contracts and risks management, cost effectiveness, legal / economic aspects
- Good understanding of regulation and control and other relevant legal guidelines
- Good contract negotiation and preparation skills
- As per the approved ADNOC Competency dictionary
- As per the approved ADNOC Competency dictionary
Group Company: ADNOC Logistics & Services
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:38:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!