Job title: Accountant
Company: Kijora Management Services
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Accountant
– Ensures adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles when recording and processing accounting transactions.
– Ensures all accounting records are kept accurately, in line with regulatory requirements.
Finance / Accounting
– Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger and other balances and accounts.
– Supervises petty cash payments and the replenishment of petty cash.
– Directs and reviews accounting entries such as cash reconciliations, income and expense transactions, fixed asset activities, payroll and other transactions.
– Ensures the relevant books of accounts are compiled at the end of every financial period.
– Ensures the fixed assets account is managed and maintained with strict adherence to the relevant procedures.
– Analyses business performance / results, providing feedback to Management.
– Ensures punctual reporting of all financial information.
– Manages the preparation of financial statements and ad hoc financial reports on a periodic basis.
– Acts as a point of contact for auditors and communicates with them to ensure all questions can be answered efficiently.
– Keeps abreast of new local and international regulations and standards and takes steps to ensure accounting and financial practices remain in compliance with local and international guidelines.
– Ensures all journal entries are posted to the general ledger and that closing procedures are met.
– Plans, manages, coordinates, and implements the year-end closing processes and procedures for assigned accounting records.
– Reviews supporting documentation related to expenses and revenue realizations prior to positing of expenses or revenues.
– Assists in the development, review and improvement of accountancy and computer systems.
– Assists in monthly reporting for the management by analyzing accounting data.
– Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
– Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
– Keeping up to date with local financial and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
– Prepares ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information on need basis.
– Record month-end financial transactions (Depreciation, accruals/prepayment, monthly accruals).
– Prepare and support the annual audit of the company’s financials.
– Assist in the quarterly VAT return.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Min 3 years of UAE experience in accounting.
- Further accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, etc. is a plus).
- Good communication skills (verbal & written) in English and Spanish
Expected Start Date: 17/02/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED9,000.00 – AED100,000.00 per month
Can you join Immediately?
Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- UAE Accounting: 2 years (required)
Job date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 02:55:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!