Job title: Fabrication Welder
Job description: Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit for more information or connect on , , , , or .
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Fusing of metals to produce specific products and provide support to services operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Carry out fabrication workshop duties at the ADM manufacturing site
- Fabrication, Fitting and Welding of Product
- Complete all functions in line with the QHHSE policy and procedures
- Workshop duties and product manufacture
- Maintain operational levels ensuring efficient and effective operation
- Assist with the despatch and packaging of WIP and completed items for shipments to third party suppliers and end clients
- Make sure that all relevant information and paperwork associated with the work order is available prior to starting fabrication
- Check the Weatherford material specification against the material issue sheet so that the correct procedure can be chosen for tacking and welding spools
- Check the WPS against the drawings and or weld logs so that the correct procedure is being used
- Check the welding consumables are correct against the WPS applicable for the work order being worked on
- Check all WIP material issued by the stores matches the requirements of the drawings and work order information sheets
- Record all relevant details as defined in the Weld and Weave and Plate log sheets provided in the work pack Identify requirements for NDT when fabricated items are available and reach NDT test stage as per the work order
- Follow manufacturing instructions as defined in the drawings supplied with work orders
- Record all relevant details as defined in the Weave Repair logs in accordance with the weave repair instructions where this is required to complete weave repairs
- Liaise with maintenance and report any defective equipment to the supervisor or maintenance.
- Demonstrate a high standard of safety awareness and housekeeping with the 6S programme in mind. This will include the layout of workshop in conjunction with the 6S program.
- Ensure all the items being manufactured are inspected before the next operation as per the work order routing and process control
- Adhere to ISO 14001 environmental standard supporting efficient energy usage, waste segregation, clean-up of spills within the workshop environment and effective reporting of said events in line with company reporting standard
- Assist supervision to optimise the flow of product throughout the production plant
- Assist with forklift and crane manoeuvres throughout the plant in accordance with operator training
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Apprenticing for Journeyman Welder License – completed Year 2 schooling & hours, or minimally 5 -8+ years experience
- Use of hand tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Use of variety of welding machines.
- Use of variety of welding rods, gases and processes.
- Use of cutting torch or torch equipment.
- Preferred High school diploma or GED preferred
- Knowing various temperatures for special materials and welding to engineering specifications.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:15:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!