Job title: Assistant Manager, Data Modelling
Company: Emirates NBD
Job description: Job Title: Asst. Manager Data Modeler (M)
Reports to: Head – Data Governance, Management & Fin. Systems
Unit: Group Finance – ENBD Head office
The purpose of data governance function is to ensure the group’s data assets are proactively and efficiently managed to ensure high level of trust in the organization’s data. To enable the business units to drive value through its use.
Finance systems unit is responsible for ensuring optimal finance systems architecture and design. The unit is responsible for delivering finance systems related initiatives, upgrades and maintenance in active partnership with Group Technology teams.
- Strong implementation and understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse Modelling in Banking Industry.
- Hands on exposure to Industry Standard 3NF Logical Data Models such as IBM BDW, SAP FSDM, and Teradata FSLDM etc.
- Intermediatelevel understanding of Banking as a domain. Exposure and working experience with Banking Applications Systems such as Core Banking, Retail Application Systems, and Treasury System etc.
- Strong implementation and understanding of Data Hub and modelling experience in Banking Industry.
- Expert knowledge in database and information modelling ER, Dimensional, Physical, Conceptual, Logical, Virtual, hierarchical, semantic, etc.
- Experience converting the LDM to PDM including demoralizations where required and selection of optimum data types and lengths.
- Experience / exposure to Data Lake, Kafka, Informatica Data Management, Power Center and Big Data management is an advantage.
- Experience transforming Business Intelligence requirements into semantic layer models
- Full working experience of SQL and the ability to identify and translate user cases into Hadoop is essential.
- Working knowledge in technical aspects of DW Governance including glossary, metadata, data quality, master data management and data lifecycle.
- Experience with modelling tools like Power Designer, ERWIN, etc.
- Experience working with in-memory databases such as SAP HANA and other relational or OLAP database such as Oracle, SQL Server and others.
- Knowledge and exposure to ETL tools: Informatica, ODI or similar ones will be an advantage.
- Must have hands-on experience in designing data ingestion and consumption capabilities out of data lake / federated repositories
- Ability to manage and drive team, make effective communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
A. Education: Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or B.E. or post graduation in information technology with hands-on experience in Banking Data Domain
B. Experiences: Overall 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in Data Modelling and Data Warehouse implementation.
Strong Subject Matter Expertise in Key functions like Retail & Wholesale banking, Finance & Risk.
Deep Banking Functional Knowledge
Strong understanding of Banking products, product characteristics / behavior and typical key banking applications.
Good understanding of Data Governance Principles
“Enterprise Data Warehouse” – experience from a functional & data perspective
- Good understanding of overall “Enterprise Data Warehouse” architecture and principles; Experience in delivering end to end data warehouse for Banks
- Experience on working with both Industry Standard Data Model and Custom Data Warehouse Data Models in Banks; Detailed understanding of key Banking subject areas in an industry standard data model
C. Knowelge & Skills: Good understanding of systems and prior experience of having played the role of a functional solution architect.
D. Behavioral Competencies:
- Self-starter and be able to work independently;
- Self-motivated; Attitude to learn new concepts and apply the same
- Proactive and Goal oriented
- Strong team player
- Stakeholder and team management and Good communication skills
Location: Deira, Dubai
Job date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:29:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!