Job title: AVP- HR Business Partner
Company: First Abu Dhabi Bank
Job description: Job Description
To work in partnership with n-2 and n-3 roles by understanding their HR requirements, to ensure that they receive the needed HR support in timely manners, and thus support the achievement of the Group’s strategic objectives through aligned people plans and solutions.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the assigned department(s) by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximise sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned department, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organisational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the Group.
Budgeting and Financial Planning (if required)
- Manage the preparation and recommend the department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all sectional activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
Advisory & Coaching
- Develop a strong partnering relationship with n-2 and n-3 roles in designated areas of the business, acting as an internal consultant to diagnose, develop and implement effective HR strategies and people plans which support business goals and drive sustained performance.
- Advise, guide and support all employees on all HR disciplines and policies to drive effective HR practices which are appropriate to the Group’s culture, size and growth ambitions. Keep abreast of current legislation/trends in order to develop practical and appropriate policies and procedures, communicate and embed ensuring they are relevant to the ongoing needs of the Group.
- Coach and support managers with performance management process to help them manage complex employee relations issues.
- Engage and collaborate with n-2 and n-3 and with HR product partners to develop value propositions and products for business in order to improve people performance and overall business capability.
- Influence, advise and guide the scoping and implementation of organisational restructures, providing challenge and insight to ensure alignment with the Group’s strategic direction and business unit goals.
Talent Development and Retention
- Manage the development of action plans to support, succession, retention and development of high potential individuals and Emiratis in collaboration with HR product partners and Manager in order to ensure business continuity and employee progression and development.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of the departmental policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all department reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Group requirements, policies and quality standards.
Conflict of Interest
The role holder will be expected to assist key stakeholders (primarily: Their Business Line, Compliance Control Room and Group HR) to ensure Conflicts of Interest and FABs Code of Conduct policies and protocols are upheld. The role holder will also partner and advise the aforementioned on; conflicts management, policy, process, procedure and breach escalation, including but not limited to core themes such as; Gifts, Entertainments, Personal Account Dealing, Outside Business Interests/Activities, Material Deals and Information Walls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources is preferred.
6 years’ relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 2 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in a similar HR consultancy function.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:06:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!