Job title: Consultant, Digital Forensics and Investigations | Technology
Company: FTI Consulting, Inc
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Consulting
Consultant, Digital Forensics and Investigations | Technology
We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
Our Technology practice uses our people and our technology to help clients identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic documents and data to locate the key evidence. Our team of over 500 professionals around the world includes e-discovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists. They’re industry leaders, and have been involved in some of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade, which means they have the experience to help clients whatever their challenges.
About the Role
This Consultant position sits in the Computer Forensics team, part of FTI Consulting’s Technology practice.
As part of the London Dubai based team, in this role you will be cross-trained in delivering a variety of computer forensics services to clients, including data collection, forensic analysis and reporting.
What You’ll Do
You will be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to providing computer forensics services to clients. Including:
- Liaise with clients and senior staff to manage work and meet client requests
- Secure and preserve electronic evidence to forensic standards, on-site at client premises around the UK UAE and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and handle data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media
- Perform forensic analysis and reporting for a wide range of digital devices under supervision of senior staff
- Research and develop custom solutions as required on a case by case basis
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travelling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
Qualifications & Experience
- Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with personal computer, mobile device and server hardware, operating systems and software, possibly having some experience of working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project
- Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies
- Knowledge of any forensic imaging and analysis tools such as Encase or FTK (desirable)
- A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases (desirable)
- Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access (desirable)
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes) (desirable)
- Knowledge of scripting and/or programming (Python, Ruby, C++, Java, Visual Basic, PERL) (desirable)
- Minimum 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems
- Strong A levels in numerical subjects
- Proficiency in Arabic language is a plus
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s). #LI-KR2
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Job date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:47:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!