Job title: Lead Process Engineer
Company: Wood Group
Job description: Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer to join our Consulting business in UAE. This role will provide technical direction and technology expertise within Specialist Engineering & Consulting and the wider Wood organisation relating to the execution of proposals, studies and projects, in agreement with the Business Line Manager and in accordance with applicable procedures. He/She will be supporting our in house projects in Abu Dhabi and other Wood offices.
To deliver projects and technical studies, achieving the company and project’s technical quality requirements within agreed budgets and schedules.
To promote the technical expertise of Wood within the public domain through the publication of papers in industry-recognised journals and at technical conferences.
To manage technical teams on studies. To stand-in as deputy for the Study Manager or perform the role of Study Manager on SEC contracts.
A Lead Consultant will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technology Expertise: Is viewed by both colleagues and customers as a source of high quality advice in their field of technology. Able to assess new technology offerings and advise on suitability within the industry. Contributes to Wood’s business development efforts through attendance or presentation of papers at global conferences.
- Analytical Skills: Can work confidently with data to interpret trends, issues and risks. Will factor in limitations of data sources when presenting findings. Generates a range of options and appraise them before communicating more widely. Is able to design or adapt analytical tools to suit each situation.
- Customer Focus: Is able to manage technical expectations of internal & external customers without conflict. Can use their knowledge and expertise to identify the difference between customer wants and their true needs.Takes personal responsibility for identifying and resolving most technical and execution issues. Actively manages relationships with key customers outside of project commitments, such that the presence of their name in a proposal significantly increases our chances of securing the work.
- Professional Network: Understands external rules and regulations that impact business objectives. Maintains their professional network through regular and positive contact. Utilises networks within customer organisations, licensors, industry and / or governmental bodies to gain an understanding on market developments and work opportunities. Regularly represents Wood at conferences and is frequently requested to present papers / submit articles for publishing.
- Commercial Understanding: Clearly understands commercial imperatives for multiple projects. Is able to evaluate main threats to the commercial position and directly develop, or provide support to internal third parties to develop contingency plans to mitigate commercial risks.
- Technical Design: Guides and coaches others to achieve a high standard in technical design using Wood, client and industry standards and data in line with Project requirements. Has an in depth technical understanding to enable analysis and interpretation of technical designs.
- Continuous Improvement: Strives to achieve and improve not only personal performance but also that of their service line and the service line personnel. Identify gaps in our existing practices and tools. Co-ordinates the development of new practices or toolkit items to maximise their potential impact. Provides guidance across the business line, for example acting as ‘Cold Eyes’ reviewer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in the relevant Engineering Discipline or Science (Chemical / Process Engineering preferred).
- Chartered Engineer or Scientist.
- Fellow of an appropriate professional institution.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- LNG and Refinery conceptual experience is highly preferable.
- A credible expert in their field and recognised as such within the industry.
- Has worked on a range of studies across different markets and understands the tools used and levels of detail required to support the early phase decision making process.
- Has relevant experience in FEED, EPC, Commissioning and / or Operations such that Client’s recognise the experience from later phases being considered in their early study phase.
- Expertise in the use of steady state, dynamic software
- Able to analyse / review models developed by others to enhance performance.
- Respectful to others and tolerant to alternative points of view.
- Good at working in teams.
- Flexible in thinking and in work methods.
- Keen to learn and keen to share learning with others.
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to problem-solving.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:21:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!