Job title: Senior Chemistry Specialist
Company: Nawah Energy Company
Job description: Job Description
Provide guidance to the implementation of all Chemistry technical programs, processes, and procedures to establish and maintain the highest quality of plant primary or secondary cycle chemistry to assure integrity of nuclear fuel or steam generators.
Chemistry System Management
- Guide the operations of the water treatment facility and service management of current maintenance work to maintain high plant quality standards.
- Guide the day-to-day operational activities supporting the Cold Hydrostatic Test (CHT), Hot Functional Test (HFT) and Power Ascension Test (PAT) programs to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Guide and execute the implementation of the following key Chemistry program elements to monitor assigned operating systems at BNPP:
– Primary system, secondary system & auxiliary system and water quality management.
– Primary system, secondary system & auxiliary system chemical management.
– Lube oil, fuel oil, and respective analysis instruments management.
– Hazardous and toxic materials management.
– Acid cleaning and concentration management of Chlorination System.
– System demineralizer management.
– System chemical treatment, radiation and water quality analysis.
– Condensate polishing plant operation and management.
– Operation and management of system chemical injection facilities.
– Advanced Secondary Chemistry Monitoring System (ASCMS) management.
– Integrated sampling systems management.
– System technical information management.
- Guide and execute sample collection, analysis, and data logging and trending for primary and secondary systems, water treatment and fuel oils.
- Review data evaluation and trending of the primary and secondary systems and water treatment, including collection and monitoring of all system performance metrics to maintain high plant quality standards.
- Monitor Chemistry system performance including solid and liquid waste systems to maintain system health.
- Perform laboratory, equipment and instruments management to ensure chemical analysis equipment meets operational standards; activities include: registration and management of current status of analysis equipment, maintenance and management of the online measurement and test equipment.
- Manage and support operations-lead Surveillance Test and Periodic Test as required to prevent need for corrective action.
- Monitor installation and commissioning of chemistry-related plant and system, components and identify any area of improvement to ensure alignment with standards.
- Implement the daily, weekly and monthly chemistry activities including checking chemistry parameters to ensure the high standard of conduct.
- Identify any potential issues, analyze cause and effects in accordance with the Primary or Secondary Water Chemistry Program and take appropriate actions according to action levels to ensure safe operations by:
– Developing appropriate strategy to maintain primary component and nuclear fuel integrity or steam generator integrity.
– Providing support for preventive maintenance of the plant primary or secondary system.
- Prepare and review periodic reports for management oversight to assist in safe chemistry operations.
- Prepare and review report to upgrade the performance of the facilities to ensure alignment with standards.
- Identify urgent and emerging issues to line management to ensure expedient mitigation.
Health and Safety and Security
- Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- APR-1400 or OPR-1000 experience
- Specialty on plant primary or secondary water chemistry and corrosion
- Knowledge of Chemistry fundamentals for operation, sampling, analysis, and data evaluation for Chemistry systems
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across nuclear
- Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant modification and work control requirements of a nuclear plant.
- Broad knowledge of nuclear power plant modification programs and standards.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 23:21:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!