Job title: Energy Engineer
Company: Al Rostamani Group
Job description: Every employee at Al Rostamani Group plays a role in making a real difference to the business and our customers. We care for our employees by offering them meaningful and purposeful work and an opportunity to grow, learn, contribute and succeed. Today, the Al Rostamani Group has come a long way since its birth in 1957. Our group has grown steadfastly with the guiding principles of Commitment, Care & Vision, alongside a strong sense of active involvement in the community. We are a well-diversified group, with a key presence in industries such as General Trading, Automobiles and Heavy Equipment, Travel, Foreign Exchange, Financial Services, Property Management, Construction, Infrastructure Development and Information Technology Services. Our Group employs approximately 2000 people from 41 different nationalities, which contributes to our multicultural and multi-national environment.
Emirates Electrical Engineering is a specialized business platform that provides comprehensive turnkey solutions combining development, financing, construction and operation of solar rooftops for commercial and industrial building in the UAE, also a responsive and flexible organization dedicated for the design and construction of turnkey electrical power projects such as High Voltage Substations, Cable Networks and Transmission Lines.
The primary responsibility of an Energy Engineer is to coordinate with the design and the site teams and concerned authorities to enable project execution.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage technical, financial (e.g., delivered cost avoidance and project gross margin) and contractual targets for your M&V portfolio of accounts including project management of deliverables and scheduling & financial coordination of local and remote global resources.
- Develop & implement Measurement & Verification (M&V) plans for ESPC projects.
- Provide M&V support to the sales & engineering development team during response to RFPs/RPQs for ESPCs.
- Help estimate M&V costs for different phases of performance contracts.
- Review bid packages & submittals for quality assurance and making sure that M&V requirements are properly identified.
- Coordinate M&V activities with Energy Analyst (EA), M&V Risk Specialist, Solution Development Engineer (SDE), Project Construction Manager (PM), design and commissioning engineers during proposal, energy audit, design, construction & commissioning and performance periods.
- Interface with Energy Engineers for reviews of baselines, design intent and savings calculations.
- Review, analyse and manage Energy Analysis by others including utility bill accounting, GHG inventory, end-use analysis and tariff modelling. Advise or perform the aforementioned as needed.
- Participate in data collection and performance verification of baseline and retrofitted equipment.
- Conduct spot measurements and short-term data collection during the ESPC (Energy Savings Performance Contract) lifecycle as required.
- Review building or campus energy systems baselines and develop baseline adjustments based on site reviews.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 3 years of HVAC &/or Building Controls &/or ESPC experience.
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) is required, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is desirable.
- 2-3 years’ experience in engineering and energy savings calculations for performance contracting.
- 2-3 years’ knowledge and practice of M&V protocols and guidelines (like FEMP and IPMVP).
- Must have minimum 4-7 years of relevant work experience in similar industry.
- Experience with HVAC/HVAC Engineering desired, including building controls and management systems.
- Effective face-to-face and virtual presentation, influencing, communicating, and negotiating skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in business solutions.
At ARG, we seek talented people who work hard to achieve great things. We consider not only your skills and experience, but also your passion for the role, your desire to learn and how well you align with our core values of care, commitment and vision. If this position represents an opportunity you wish to pursue, we invite you to apply.
Job date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 00:52:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!