Job title: Radiation Protection Field Manager
Company: Nawah Energy Company
Job description: Job Description
Manage radiation protection and health physics throughout the planning, execution, and post close-out phases for the
Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and procedures, and
standards for nuclear safety and environment protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are
- Manage radiation protection throughout decontamination and contaminated area surveys during outages to ensure
safe plant operations.
- Manage on-hand (O/H) radiation activity in controlled areas and oversee radiation work to ensure compliance with
- Manage the transportation and storage of radioactive materials to ensure safe plant operations.
- Manage the execution of the radiation shield performance test to ensure safe plant operations.
- Manage the preparation for World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) peer reviews to ensure industrial
best-practices are implemented.
- Ensure plant groups are provided RP technical support to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient plant operations.
- Manage the implementation of effluent control and monitoring process to ensure compliance with regulatory
- Manage the quality control and calibration of radioactivity detection equipment such as High Purity Germanium
(HPGe), Liquid Scintillation Counter (LSC), and Low-Level Alpha/Beta Counter to ensure high quality
- Ensure the operability and maintenance of radioactivity counting laboratory to provide safe and reliable analysis
- Ensure the operability and calibration of Radiation Monitoring System (RMS), and confer with Maintenance on any
malfunction and maintenance issue of the system to ensure proper radiological monitoring of the plant.
- Manage operation of count room and lead radio analysis to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient plant operation.
- Manage the calibration high purity (HP) instrumentation to ensure accurate and reliable operation of equipment.
Staff Training and Qualification
- Establish management expectations and execute appropriate communication with the department to ensure a high
level of safety and reliability for radiation protection and health physics.
- Monitor, instruct, and evaluate staff performance to develop necessary training and improve performance.
- Validate training programs, provide necessary technical knowledge and skills, and revise as needed.
- Provide input into the development of the Division’s systems, processes and procedures, as well develop and
implement the Department’s systems and processes, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure efficient,
effective, safe and risk-free operations as well as compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Department,
to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the Department’s requirements and
Health and Safety, Security, and Business Continuity
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls
across the Department by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee
safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all
aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure the compliance with Business Continuity and Resilience requirements for adherence to policies,
procedures and instructions related to the effective planning for, and response to, incidents or business disruptions
in order to continue critical business processes and activities with minimal adverse impact.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and
motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize
subordinate and Department’s performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the
corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE
Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures,
practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and
procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback; and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Physical Science.
With formal training in radiation protection.
- 10 years of relevant experience, out of
which:2 years of Managerial experience
i. Nuclear power operations,
ii. Refueling outage.
3years Nuclear Power Plant
Experience at a level requiring policy, planning, and decision making related to the programmatic aspects of the radiation protection program as a whole.
3years in two or more organizational areas of radiological protection, (including: As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA), Bioassay/whole body, Decontamination, Dosimetry,
Radiochemistry, Radiological environmental monitoring,
program/radiological effluent technical specifications, Radiation protection instrumentation, Radiation protection
operations, Radioactive waste).
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the
assigned RP programs for a multi-unit station.
- Knowledge specializing in Radiation Safety including predisposal
management of radioactive waste, acceptance criteria, health physics, radiation monitoring and dose limits.
- Understand Nuclear Power Plant design and modification.
- Understand license basis requirements.
- Understand the responsibilities regarding the work control requirements of a Nuclear Power Plant.
- Confident and empowering.
- Systematic and strategic.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:38:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!