Job title: Supervisor – Ride Maintenance
Company: Dubai Parks and Resorts
Job description: Building Fun
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to assist the engineering Shifts that operate within the rides engineering department. You will manage the, statutory inspection of all attractions, associated equipment, park motor vehicles, mechanised plant and ride buildings via the application of a planned preventative maintenance approach with the aim of maximising ride and equipment availability and safety in operation.
The role calls for strong leadership skills and an ability to clearly focus on the planning & preparation of the activities administered by the engineering teams, throughout the operational season.
- To work as operational engineer carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and ride start up procedures
- To lead teams of engineering personnel during park operation in order to provide an effective breakdown service that will facilitate excellent ride availability and safety for our guests and staff
- To lead teams of engineering personnel in order to administer the PPM and safety checks in line with company procedures
- To assist the engineering management team with all aspects of the daily running of the engineering department. All with the aim of maximizing ride and equipment availability and safety in operation
- To assist the department’s managerial team and charge hands as and when required in order to fulfil the department’s KPI’s, objectives and function
- To ensure written documentation relating to pre-opening checks and maintenance works are accurate to reflect changes in procedure
- To ensure that you complete PPM documentation in a timely manner in line with department procedures
- During the low season period you will carry out Annual Strip and Annual Maintenance programme in order to facilitate PPM and a thorough annual inspection of all attractions by an external body, all in order to obtain a Non Objection Certificate (NOC) to the agreed deadlines
- To have an active role in the development of the annual strip down plan
- To undertake additional responsibility as directed by the department management team following appropriate instruction/training
- To maintain and keep in good condition the tool’s provided to enable professional and competent completion of maintenance tasks
- To develop professional and considerate relationships with both internal customer departments and external suppliers and consultants
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Qualified to at least C&G level 3, or approved equivalent, in either mechanical or electrical engineering supplemented
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in ideally a theme park environment, or other comparable heavy engineering/industrial operation at a supervisory or management level
- Ideally a Full working knowledge of the HSG 175, EN 13814 and DAC requirements
- A full working knowledge of appropriate engineering related statutory requirements e.g. certification and safe use of lifting equipment, C.O.S.H.H., safe use and written schemes of pressure vessels, general responsibilities for the maintenance of a Safe Working Environment under the Health & Safety at Work Act etc
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
Job date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 08:01:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!