Job title: Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: Job Description
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University invites qualified outstanding candidates to apply for a full-time faculty position at the rank of assistant professor in the area of Structural Engineering. The department is interested in hiring a highly motivated individual who can provide research contributions in two or more of the following areas: Innovative Structural Systems, Computational Structural Engineering, Steel and Composite Structures, and Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design Theories.
The successful candidate is also expected to teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in the area of Structural Engineering. The candidate must have demonstrated potential for effective teaching, independent research, and scholarly activities. English is the language of instruction and communication in the College of Engineering.
- Teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and supervise capstone graduation projects in the area of Structural Engineering.
- Attract externally funded research projects and conduct original research that leads to publications in top-ranked international journals.
- Contribute to advising and mentoring of undergraduate and postgraduate students including supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Provide services to the community, society, and the university.
- Play an active role in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Civil Engineering.
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering from a reputable international University. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is also required.
Assistant Professor in Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated record of publications in leading international journals in the area of Structural Engineering.
- Ability to develop independent research, secure research funds, and establish a strong network with industrial partners.
- Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and develop new courses or course components in the area of Structural Engineering.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Visit ( ) and submit: Cover letter; CV; Research and Teaching statements; Contact info of three references
Division College of Engineering – (COE)
Department Civil & Environmental Eng.-(COE)
Job Close Date 18-03-2022
Job Category Academic – Faculty
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 01:55:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!