Job title: Physical Education Teacher
Company: Abdulla Bin Otaiba School
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Generic Marketing / Media
Aldar Education is currently seeking an outstanding Teacher of Physical Education at Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School (ABO) in Abu Dhabi for Academic year 2022 – 2023.
ABO follows the US Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with @ 1500 students, from KG1 (FS2) to Grade 4(Year 5). The ABO aim is to be a collaborative, student centred school, to constantly develop staff, to develop stakeholder voice and to keep evolving in our practice, so demonstrating a change agent attitude.
The successful candidate must have a secure knowledge of teaching and learning, will be able to model outstanding planning and teaching and learning strategies and a track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate leadership skills/experiences at a variety of levels. To be effective in working collaboratively in a team.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks Planning, Preparation, Teaching and Lesson Management
- Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve outstanding progression of learning through:
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
- Identifying SEN or very able students.
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge.
- Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programs of study.
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need.
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time.
- Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
Using a variety of teaching methods to:
- match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary.
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions.
- select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, I.C.T. and other learning technologies.
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
- Mark and monitor students’ work and set targets for progress
- Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value.
- Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving.
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and academy procedures.
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
- Take part in subject or aspects of the school’s work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance
Other Professional Requirements
- Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities.
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
- Establish effective working relationships and set an outstanding example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct.
- Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
- Co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department, and students.
- Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the leadership and management of the school.
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open evenings/afternoons, Parent Teacher Consultations, and events with partner schools.
- Take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices.
- Liaise effectively with parents.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Specialty in Physical Education, or PGCE, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as Physical Education Teacher. Experience in US Curriculum will be an advantage, but not a necessity.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Warmth, empathy, credibility, self-belief, integrity, drive and child-centred
- Planning to meet specific and general learning needs
- Cultural sensitivity to the needs of our community
- An efficient and effective communicator.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.
Job date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 00:38:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!