Job title: Senior Manager, Trade Asset Distribution
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
As part of its mission to be a global trade enabler, DP World seeks to offer a Trade Finance product to BCOs (Importers/Exporters) and transporters to ease their working capital crunch. DP World aims to help SMEs by making financing options available to reduce this working capital crunch.
To this end, DP World established a company within the DIFC, called DP World Financial Services Limited (“DPWFS”), regulated by the DFSA, and is engaged in arranging of financing solutions primarily for SMEs from partnering Financial Institutions. In addition, DPWFS also aims to “Provide Credit” wherein the Company will directly issue trade finance loans to exporters, importers and logistics companies. For these purposes, DPWFS is looking for a professional in charge of funding and trade asset distribution.
The role will be directly reporting to the Senior Executive Officer of DPWFS. The main purpose of the role is to identify and put in place alternative funding and trade asset distribution solutions with funds, banks and similar financial institutions (primarily on the financing business), lead contract negotiations, and ensure the access to competitive funding options for our SME & Corporate clients. The incumbent’s scope of responsibilities will cover activities related to DPWFS as well as the wider trade finance initiatives of DP World globally.
- Actively engage with the banks and non-bank financial institutions globally, to diversify the funding base primarily when DPWFS directly provides trade finance loans, pro-actively identify and execute innovative trade asset distribution solutions, promote a strong balance between origination and risk management
- Work closely with the “Financial Institutions” manager, support the business origination in collaboration with corporate sales and operations departments and ensure the right “funding” options are available for corporate & SME clients.
- Manage the business performance across the entire portfolio (primarily on the DPWFS’ own financing model) and regularly report to Senior management
- Sponsor key FI relationships, maintain access at senior levels in the FI organizations, and support the agenda to maximize Financial Institutions on the platform (working in harmony with Trade Asset
- Distribution manager)
- Support and contribute to the development of a vision and strategic initiatives
- Ensure that the business is effectively performing its role as the first line of defense in safeguarding compliance to the DPWFS policies and procedures, including those relating to Sanctions and AML.
- Liaising with colleagues in other departments (front office, operations, risk, credit, compliance) based in any region, i.e. the DP World’s head office and other locations, and find solutions to complex financing needs to support the business growth agenda
- Vet and negotiate funding and trade asset distribution contracts, and funded and unfunded risk sharing agreements with FIs.
- Focus on continuous improvement of operational processes.
- Execute at speed while maintaining error free operations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- 15+ years of financial institutions, funding/bank relationships experience from diverse Financial Institutions; FinTechs, Banks and/or in a Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC)
- Relevant experience in designing & driving the funding & asset risk distribution strategy in new organizations
- Experience in putting in place funding arrangements, leading bank partnerships, structuring complex cross border transactions and corresponding FI arrangements.
- Knowledge of trade and commodity financing arrangements.
- Ability to detect and assess opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering or IT from a University of repute.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Keen attention to detail, adaptability and pragmatism; ability to manage an active caseload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization (from the most junior to the most senior).
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a proven track record in funding and trade asset distribution.
- The right candidate will be able to work under pressure, be highly result-oriented, deal with high volumes of work and be highly agile in leading financing arrangements of a fast-growing trade finance business and driving innovation.
We are the leading provider of smart logistics solutions, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services touches every aspect of life.
We’re a global network of; 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents. From marine services and inland terminals to industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions.
Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 64 countries are committed to bringing every customer and partner unrivaled value.
We do this by building and growing long lasting relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading technology to create the smartest, most efficient and innovative trade solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
DP World is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize DP World to transmit and store your information in the world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Job date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 00:32:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!