Job title: Head of Trade Product
Job description: Job Description: Role : Head of Trade Product
Location : Abu Dhabi
Lead, develop and grow the GTB Trade Product by driving Sharia compliant Trade Product development, implementation and governance across WBG, BBD and FI segments in UAE, IBG countries and Egypt. Build ADIB’s reputation as the Trade Finance market leader amongst its peers in both Islamic and Conventional Banks. Support GTB becoming a core revenue contributor to ADIB by expanding the Trade Finance business and creating client dependency upon outstanding ADIB Trade products.
Key Accountabilities of the role
- Strategy and execution: Develop and deliver a trade finance product strategy that establishes ADIB as the market leader of Islamic trade finance products. Build a sustainable organization for product development, product delivery and product governance. Support GTB in achieving trade related revenue targets across WBG, BBD and FI.
- Transform the business: Develop and lead trade related transformation projects that ensure ADIB becomes a market leader in trade finance sustained by developing leading edge products and creating automated and digitally enabled operational processes and enhancing client experience. Continuously refresh digital trade strategy to achieve market leadership.
- Trade Product Management multi-country and multi-group: Lead GTB trade product development and delivery departments across WBG, BBD, FI and IBG Groups in UAE, Iraq, Sudan, UK and provide connectivity and support for GTB trade product in Egypt. Provide focused support to the core trade business in WBG UAE
- Revenue and expenses: Contribute to all P&L and Balance Sheet accountabilities relating to trade finance and related products to support the delivery of profitable growth and financial objectives. Support trade product development and roll out that encourages cross-sell revenue growth
- Sales structuring and support: Provide continuous guidance and support to GTB and coverage sales teams in structuring and closing key trade transactions. In conjunction with sales, meet customers to discuss their trade finance needs and provide ADIB structures and solutions.
- Product Development: Drive the technical development of trade related products to satisfy identified opportunities in the market and generate strong revenue and profitability. Lead trade product managers across trade related product families and digital trade channels to support the growth of trade related assets and revenue through collections, documentary trade, open account financing and other trade backed financing.
- Product Delivery and Product Experience: Support trade related product delivery and implementation across WBG, BBD and FI including designing complex and strategic solutions for MNC’s and large corporates in UAE and IBG countries. Liaise with relevant business and service teams to review and improve customers’ product experience.
- Online banking: Work directly with Channels and Implementation to support the effective management of the digital platform for companies covering all trade related products. Maintain up to date understanding of digital trends in the trade finance industry.
- Stakeholder management: Partner with WBG, BBD and FI to support the growth of trade related banking products across ADIB both within the UAE and across IBG countries. Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders, particularly Sharia, Legal, Compliance, Credit and Risk.
- Market profile: Support Head of GTB in representing ADIB in international trade seminars, organizing and participating in customer related events. Develop trade product and trade transformation related articles to promote ADIB position among customers and in the trade finance industry
- People: work on expanding, developing and engaging the GTB trade product team and promoting trade finance products through communication and training to other key departments across ADIB including WBG, FI, BBD and IBG. Specific focus to be given to enhancing Sharia understanding of trade related products across all areas.
- Risk management: Ensure the delivery of products that enhance return on risk for the bank and support appropriate levels of product, operational and credit risk control.
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Required for this role:
- Deep experience in Trade related products
- Extensive knowledge of online banking platforms, digital and information technology
- Robust understanding of Sharia requirements in relation to trade products
- Comprehensive understanding of Trade finance systems and procedures
- Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage a range of stakeholders to achieve mutually supported outcomes
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated with ability to work under pressure to achieve targets and deadlines
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 23:29:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!