Job title: Lead Wet Utilities Engineer
Job description: We showed you how we’re solving the world’s greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomises the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
As the Lead Wet Utilities Engineer within our Ports and Maritime team in the UAE, you become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
As a senior member of our engineering team, you could be working on water and/or wastewater treatment projects (industrial and domestic wastewater) as well as clean water and sewage transfer systems. You will be given the opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary design teams providing technical input to a variety of phases of projects from feasibility and concept design, through to governance of design quality and scope compliance in construction. In addition, your duties will be to:
- Mentoring & developing graduate, Engineers & Senior Engineers within the civil engineering function.
- Undertaking checking of design deliverables/outputs.
- Setting & Maintaining standards for technical quality ensuring designs meet Client specification.
- Assisting or leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Leading a civil design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames.
- Working with project managers and other design team members in an integrated approach.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
- Ensuring project financial performance within civil discipline budget on projects.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other Jacobs discipline leads on projects.
As a successful candidate you will have a bachelors degree with knowledge and experience of the current water industry and drainage design best practice. You will also possess: –
- Significant demonstrable experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver water/wastewater engineering projects.
- Significant demonstrable experience in leading the civil design of medium or large projects.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members.
- Experience of leading a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers, including coaching and mentoring experience.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of providing technical governance on projects.
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant hydraulic design.
- Recent design of structures experience.
- Experience of working with Contractor on Design and Build Projects.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we are committed to encouraging a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds impact our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we have gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You will uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what guides you, you will discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Job date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 23:24:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!