Job title: Rolling Stock Engineer
Job description: We showed you how we are solving the world’s greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?
Transportation affects every aspect of daily life, no matter where you are in the world! Jacobs is made up of a team of multi-disciplinary rail experts who work on complex projects around the globe. We’re driven by the extraordinary as well as the seemingly mundane, working with our partners to make the world more connected and more sustainable for everyone.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what is possible to make the world smarter and more connected. For the Etihad Rail project that means delivering a new 650km freight rail network across the United Arab Emirates from the Saudi Arabian border to the Indian Ocean, connecting major industrial ports and economic hubs across the way and redefine logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network. This is a transformational project for the United Arab Emirates and the wider gulf region, providing a transportation backbone for freight and passengers as part of the UAE’s strategic growth plan.
Be part of a world class rail project in the UAE and make a major contribution to an iconic project. Make a difference, be part of the site supervision function on the UAE freight and passenger railway network. The railway will redefine logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network which will connect the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighbouring GCC countries.
As a Rolling Stock Engineer, you will work as an integrated member of the Design and Construction Supervision team. You will ensure client satisfaction and help strengthen our project delivery capabilities.
You will be experienced in design review and construction supervisions stages for the new rolling stock for the Etihad Rail stage 2 and stage 3. The rolling stock will comprise new locomotives, multi-unit diesel train, a variety of new wagons and yellow plant maintenance of way equipment. You will be reporting to the Rolling Stock Lead, based in Abu Dhabi, and travel to other countries will be required from time to time. In addition, your duties will be to:
For the design review you will:
- Coordinate design review activities of diesel multi-unit train and yellow plant with client’s engineering team.
- Coordinate design review activities with the rolling stock suppliers.
- Coordinate design review activities with the teams for other Design and Build contract packages.
- Coordinate rolling stock system assurance activities with other system assurance work.
- Undertake design reviews and requirements management as required.
For the construction supervision you will:
- Coordinate manufacturing supervision and Testing and Commissioning activities of locomotives, wagons, diesel multi-unit train, and yellow plant with client’s engineering team.
- Coordinate manufacturing supervision and testing & commissioning activities with the rolling stock suppliers.
- Coordinate manufacturing supervision and testing & commissioning activities with the teams for other Design and Build contract packages.
- Perform onsite inspections and witness testing of the rolling stock.
- Review test procedures and test reports from site tests.
- Coordinate other supervision activities of the Consultant’s engineering team in the suppliers’ factories.
As a successful candidate you will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent with a minimum 5 years’ experience of rolling stock engineering.
A key attribute of this person will be the ability to foster inclusive behaviors to achieve market leading and innovative business outcomes across markets, as well as create the right working environment for employees. You will continue building on our global culture of caring fostering a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including comprehensive private medical insurance, flexible work arrangements, annual airfare allowance, interest free housing loans and access to monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 23:32:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!