Job title: Senior Technical Engineer
Job description: To design & Support IT- solutions for the EK Group. Working as part of a design & Support team, the Senior Technical Engineer will design, develop, support and deliver robust and cost effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives including solution development and cost estimations, Configuration and Deployment & Business Case Development & Approval. To support, contribute and ensure solution compliance to the enterprise architecture, production processes, QMS and other EG-IT standards.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
– 8 years of related systems engineering experience.
– 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing, deploying and supporting complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. Linux OS, cloud, distributed systems Highly available and scalable infrastructure).
– Expert knowledge of Linux, preferably Red Hat, based services with minimum of 4+ years of supporting and maintain Linux infrastructures both public and private (VMWare).
– In-depth experience in automation (Infrastructure-as-Code, Configuration-as-Code), automation, Orchestration, and management of both on-premises infrastructure and applications, cloud hosted Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, and data services.
– Experience in designing and maintaining production-grade applications in distributed virtualized environments.
– In-Depth (Level-3 Support) knowledge of Operating systems based on *NIX – RHEL, AIX, SOLARIS.
– Experience with management platforms such as Red Hat Satellite, Identity Management (IPA).
– Experience with automation/configuration management tool preferably Ansible.
– Hands-on experience of IaaC tools such as Terraform and others
– Working knowledge of VMWare virtualisation.
– Customer Service & Orientation
– Interpersonal ability
– Influence & Negotiation
– Organizing for Results
– Attention to Detail & Quality
– Initiative and Commitment to achieve
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 00:04:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!