Job title: Accountant – Treasury
Company: AirArabia-India (G9IN)
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Finance
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
- To perform and monitor company’s various Corporate Treasury related activities such as Cash Flow Management (Long & Short term), Foreign Exchange, Risk Management, and banking relationships.
- Assists in the management of Fuel contracts ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures. Coordinates with external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors, and Investors in order to facilitate function-related work as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
- Prepares, analyzes and monitors the Company’s daily cash position ensuring adequate cash and liquidity is available to meet company’s financial obligations and maintaining accuracy in all entries carried by him/her in conformity with recognized financial dimensions. Documents financial transactions as per adopted procedures.
- Establishes good relationships with Stakeholders to ensure smooth interaction on all treasury related matters. Provides daily operational support for domestic and international cash management including executing wire transfers, release of payments, and troubleshooting payment failures.
- Assists the Manager in establishing and maintaining global bank accounts ensuring all documentation is current and accurate, facilitates signatory changes and implements new bank services in response to a changing business environment.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to identify process improvements for the short-term forecasting of cash flows; this includes enhancing the accuracy and investigating variances between forecasts and actuals and analyzing trends to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Monitors the Exchange Rates on the reservation system on daily basis; follows adopted procedures in executing funding transactions for foreign exchange.
- Carries out the related accounting and reconciliation transactions in a timely manner; communicates and records any changes both internally and externally.
- Assists the Manager in financial preparation, execution, and updating of fuel procurement contracts in coordination with legal and other related departments.
- Follows up with Travel Agents and GSA’s on the renewal of Bank Guarantees ensuring they are received before the date of expiry to allow renewal accordingly; prepares Bank Guarantees encashment letters whenever required.
- Prepares and monitors the Fixed Deposit schedule and carries out, on monthly basis, the accounting formalities related to the accrued interest.
- Responds to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, interacts with banks to clarify adjustments and liaises with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date.
- Prepares function related reports. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting /Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university is a must.
- Chartered Accountant/Certified Professional Accountant or Fresh Graduate/MBA Finance is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Auditing certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- 3-5 years of comprehensive working experience in treasury/cash management role in any industry with a company operating on regional/multinational level, preferably in Airline or Banking sectors.
- Experience with Low Cost Airline is considered an advantage.
- Experienced in a computerized accounting environment is essential for this role.
- Sound knowledge of accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
- Previous working experience on negotiating and preparation of Fuel Contracts would be an advantage.
- Very good exposure on financial models and new technologies in the industry.
- Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
- Excellent financial, analytical and reporting skills.
- Capable of meeting deadlines without compromising quality of outcome.
- High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.
Job date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 02:35:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!